Phoenix, AZ
Conocido Park Share
Uploaded By: eye-ball-sac Hole #4 (Taken 12/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Ok course

1    10/21/2008   1/4/2009
Review By: ragajones
Pros: Good place to socialize if you want to meet other disc golfers. I was there on a weekend morning and I could count over 20 golfers around me.
Cons: I had a tough time here. Maybe it was the layout of the course but we threw right through other groups on multiple occasions and had discs flying by as well throughout the morning. I think it might have been better if we would have joined up with a course local for a walkthrough.
Maybe we were doing it wrong but there seemed like an awful lot of criss-crossing traffic. It seems like this would have been better as a 9 hole course.
Other Thoughts: The only Phoenix course that I have abandoned before playing all 18. Our entire group just got frustrated and we left to go play another course. In fairness, it seemed extremely popular and well-maintained. If I am gonna be in North Phoenix, I would always choose Buffalo to Conocido. I tend to have a harder time enjoying myself on a course that plays forward and backward. It is a really weird feeling to be approaching a basket only to see another group of golfers approaching the same basket from another angle or throwing past you in a way that could be dangerous.

good warm up course

3/27/2006   5/23/2008
Review By: Doktor John
Pros: Designed as good as possible given the options
Very quick round potential (especially on weekday afternoons)
Cons: Unfortunately, the terrain is so limited in the parks in the Phx area...makes some courses like this a little redundant.
I know the folks who designed it have no control of the topography, so it's not a knock on them
Other Thoughts: This course is better than some city park courses I've played...but the bottom line is playing a flat, open course is better than not playing disc golf!