Phoenix, AZ
Conocido Park Share
Uploaded By: eye-ball-sac Hole #18 (Taken 12/2010)
3 / 313ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1    5/1/2013   5/2/2013
Review By: Psicko
Pros: I went during the weekday in the morning. There was only one group there. It was my first time playing the course. It seemed like there was more lineshaping and different throws needed(obviously not to people who play in densly wooded places, but the baskets were placed in a way to make it more of a challenge.
Cons: Luckily there was only one other group on the course today. I can see it getting downright ugly if there are lots of groups on the course at the same time. There are a lot of fairways that cross over each other. A map is helpful for navigation purposes.
Other Thoughts: It was a different course than I am used to. I will come back and play sometime. I don't live close, and I have better courses to choose from. If I am in the area, or if I want to play another round after Buffalo Ridge, I wouldn't hesistate to play it again.

Conocido Park...

1    12/30/2010   12/30/2010
Review By: eye-ball-sac
This review was updated on 2/19/2011
Pros: This is the kind of course I think of when I hear "Park Course". The fairways are grass! And even in the winter, they're fairly green. The course utilizes the few trees it has very well. Many of the pins are protected by trees. Tee pads are concrete and are big enough. Baskets are in very good in conditions and catch well. Hole distances are very beginner friendly. The tee signs were very informative. They showed other tees, trees, all the pin positions. This would be a good course to show a beginner.
Cons: 9 baskets are shared by 18 holes so you can run into some safety issues. There's a few design flaws here. Several crossing fairways. Hole 10 plays to hole 8's basket, so if you have a group behind you, you might be playing toward the same basket. There's some navigation issues to. Sometimes there can be 3 or 4 tee pads near the same basket. Course floods very easily. There's a walking trail that basically becomes a canal after a big rain (which doesn't happen very often) and you have to jump over it several times. There just weren't any special holes. Most of the course is a hyzer (RHBH) shot with a few anhyzer holes. There's not very many long holes which is good for a beginner, but a big arm would get very bored very fast.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this was a nice neighborhood course, but there's nothing special. When it rains, you can get quite a bit of casual water. There was a group playing in front of me that was really annoying, but they were respectful and let me play through. Then I threw a terrible 250 ft. and they said, "Thats twice what I can throw!"

-------------------------
If you mark this review unhelpful or you find a mistake, please send me a personal message here on DGCR explaining what is wrong with it.

Quickie in the Park

5+    12/21/2010   12/21/2010
Review By: Dirt4dinner
Pros: Nice, well maintained park with good signage and great tee pads. The course is in a fairly small park, but the layout has used the space wisely.
Cons: Nothing that you can blame on the course design or layout, moreso just the fact that it's restricted being a small neighborhood park.
Other Thoughts: There are a great group of locals that are at this park all the time. If you're from out of town, you are sure to find someone to give you a tour.

Fun beginner course

5+    9/28/2010   9/29/2010
Review By: Korrupted
This review was updated on 10/24/2010
Pros: Course is well maintained and is beginner friendly. It seems to always have at least one other golfer there. I see a lot of good players and everyone is really friendly. Can't imagine loosing a disc here, but bring a baseball to retrieve stuck discs in trees. Can play it backwards to make it 18. Multiple hole locations that are changed maybe once a month can change up the difficulty quit a bit.
Cons: This course can be busy everyday of the week. I am a new player and I bring my 7 year old son with me, so sometimes we are overrun with other golfers. Since you can play 18 backyards there can be a lot of cross traffic. Me and a friend played a round of night golf and the park was filled with teenagers hiding in the dark. At one point we had kids on bikes sitting near our basket. Wasn't sure if they were gonna try and grab my light on the basket or our discs as we threw them. During one whole during the day had a teen grab my driver on the fairway and threw it as if it were his. Course can be frustrating with pedestrians that will walk through your tee off, play catch near baskets and walk their dog along the course. The park seems to be more increasingly filled with "Land Mines" from dogs. I had a disc land on some and now I carry hand sanitizer to clean my disc and hands.
Other Thoughts: This was my first course played and I play it 2-3's a week. The first tee is right off the parking lot entrance/street. There are league nights there on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Fun course to play a quick 9 or 18. There are plenty of trash cans along the course. There is a water fountain near tee one. There is no restroom during the week. But a port a poty is setup in the parking lot by Friday afternoon for the weekend then removed. There is also a nice covered playground next to hole one, so you can let your kids play while you practice your shots.

Flat and grassy

5+    6/29/2009   7/1/2009
Review By: wolito
This review was updated on 5/21/2012
Pros: Finally a course in Phoenix with grass! Long open course with good teepads/signs. Baskets are well placed to use either distance or trees to add in the challenge. Practice your long drives here. Seems to be a popular place for disc golf as there were quite a few there when I played and all were friendly and helpful. Park is clean and well kept unlike other courses in the area. The pins are moved on regular basis. Not a whole lot of trees here, but what is there is used to the best of the designers ability to create more of a challenge. If you need a place to throw that new high speed driver, then come here as there are a few longer holes to let them rip. Easy parking right next to first tee.
Cons: Hardly any elevation changes here. Most of the shots are wide open and accuracy just isn't much of a requirement here. Few trees are fairly easy to throw around. Layout is confusing and with shared baskets and fairways, it is difficult at times to play. If it is at all busy, then you have to wait for the other players throwing from the opposit direction or risk hitting others.
Other Thoughts: This course is definately a change of pace then the other courses in the area. Open course that uses what it has to provide the best challenge. Friendly people and a clean environment definately are a plus for this course. Just enough of a challenge and enjoyment that would make me want to come back and play a few more rounds here.

Neighborhood Park

2-4    4/2/2007   5/23/2008
Review By: FoleyT
This review was updated on 8/25/2008
Pros: Well maintained and marked course that makes good use of 9 baskets and multiple tee placements to make an 18 hole course with minimum overlap for getting in other players' way. Mostly flat and open with trees as the only obstacles.
Cons: Bring a map if you can, it will save time searching for the next tee (they are marked on the concrete, which is nice for low impact, but hard on visibility from a distance) - Pedestrian traffic can get in the way at times, as a walking path winds through the course.

A walk in the park

12/22/2007   1/30/2008
Review By: play em all tour
Pros: Well maintained course, multiple league events weekly