Phoenix, AZ
Conocido Park Share
Uploaded By: eye-ball-sac Hole #1 (Taken 12/2010)

1 2 Next >
 Flat and open

5+    9/1/2006   7/22/2009
Review By: BigA31640
Pros: Easy to find and easy to play. Very open. If you want to grip and rip this is the place for you. Local club is in process of planting more trees to make the course more challenging. Good park for rollers. Again the locals are great and easy to approach for assistance finding the back 9.
Cons: Multi use park so sometimes the soccer people get in the way. Course can get really I MEAN really windy. Only 9 holes. No restrooms.
Other Thoughts: Another course I only lived a few miles from and played oftten.

Flat and grassy

5+    6/29/2009   7/1/2009
Review By: wolito
This review was updated on 5/21/2012
Pros: Finally a course in Phoenix with grass! Long open course with good teepads/signs. Baskets are well placed to use either distance or trees to add in the challenge. Practice your long drives here. Seems to be a popular place for disc golf as there were quite a few there when I played and all were friendly and helpful. Park is clean and well kept unlike other courses in the area. The pins are moved on regular basis. Not a whole lot of trees here, but what is there is used to the best of the designers ability to create more of a challenge. If you need a place to throw that new high speed driver, then come here as there are a few longer holes to let them rip. Easy parking right next to first tee.
Cons: Hardly any elevation changes here. Most of the shots are wide open and accuracy just isn't much of a requirement here. Few trees are fairly easy to throw around. Layout is confusing and with shared baskets and fairways, it is difficult at times to play. If it is at all busy, then you have to wait for the other players throwing from the opposit direction or risk hitting others.
Other Thoughts: This course is definately a change of pace then the other courses in the area. Open course that uses what it has to provide the best challenge. Friendly people and a clean environment definately are a plus for this course. Just enough of a challenge and enjoyment that would make me want to come back and play a few more rounds here.

5+    3/10/2009   4/2/2009
Review By: Sunday Mike
This review was updated on 8/21/2010
Pros: Good use of limited space. Great for rollers. Quite a few fun holes!! #2 is an SOB, but it's cool. Multiple pin locations. There really aren't very many trees on the course, but what trees there are are utilized extremely well. They sure as hell get in my way!!
Cons: Usually windy. This course normally kicks my ass--I guess that would just be a "con" for me!!
Crowded on most days.
Other Thoughts: It is a 9 basket course, but it is set up well. Many of the shots are repetitive, but that is more a reflection on the park then the course designers.
Depending on the pin placements (and wind) this course can range from not too tough, to "Holy crud!! Was my score really that high?"
In Phoenix, I prefer Buffalo Ridge, but Conocido is very nice change of pace.

Ok course

1    10/21/2008   1/4/2009
Review By: ragajones
Pros: Good place to socialize if you want to meet other disc golfers. I was there on a weekend morning and I could count over 20 golfers around me.
Cons: I had a tough time here. Maybe it was the layout of the course but we threw right through other groups on multiple occasions and had discs flying by as well throughout the morning. I think it might have been better if we would have joined up with a course local for a walkthrough.
Maybe we were doing it wrong but there seemed like an awful lot of criss-crossing traffic. It seems like this would have been better as a 9 hole course.
Other Thoughts: The only Phoenix course that I have abandoned before playing all 18. Our entire group just got frustrated and we left to go play another course. In fairness, it seemed extremely popular and well-maintained. If I am gonna be in North Phoenix, I would always choose Buffalo to Conocido. I tend to have a harder time enjoying myself on a course that plays forward and backward. It is a really weird feeling to be approaching a basket only to see another group of golfers approaching the same basket from another angle or throwing past you in a way that could be dangerous.

good warm up course

3/27/2006   5/23/2008
Review By: Doktor John
Pros: Designed as good as possible given the options
Very quick round potential (especially on weekday afternoons)
Cons: Unfortunately, the terrain is so limited in the parks in the Phx area...makes some courses like this a little redundant.
I know the folks who designed it have no control of the topography, so it's not a knock on them
Other Thoughts: This course is better than some city park courses I've played...but the bottom line is playing a flat, open course is better than not playing disc golf!

Neighborhood Park

2-4    4/2/2007   5/23/2008
Review By: FoleyT
This review was updated on 8/25/2008
Pros: Well maintained and marked course that makes good use of 9 baskets and multiple tee placements to make an 18 hole course with minimum overlap for getting in other players' way. Mostly flat and open with trees as the only obstacles.
Cons: Bring a map if you can, it will save time searching for the next tee (they are marked on the concrete, which is nice for low impact, but hard on visibility from a distance) - Pedestrian traffic can get in the way at times, as a walking path winds through the course.

A walk in the park

12/22/2007   1/30/2008
Review By: play em all tour
Pros: Well maintained course, multiple league events weekly

1 2 Next >