Mount Vernon, WA
Bakerview Park Share
Uploaded By: Hix375 Hole #8 (Taken 6/2014)
Hole #8 Tee: Basket is hidden behind the cluster of trees

Fun little course

5+    5/24/2014   5/31/2014
Review By: Hix375
This review was updated on 7/1/2014
Pros: Short 9 hole course loop, located in local park. nice variety of long and short holes, a few shots with trees to add difficulty. well-maintained. new baskets. new teepads coming soon. impossible to lose a disc. redesign of course is so much better (mostly an expansion on holes 5-9).
Cons: Some holes are a little repetitive, not a lot of difficult shots. no real obstacles. Can sometimes have other park goers on the course with the volley ball and baseball diamonds. if it has rained a lot recently the grass does not drain well and creates a swampy course, BRING WATERPROOF SHOES!
Other Thoughts: The new baskets are great. It does not dry out until about May.
A fun course, great for practice. Also great for new players and kids. easy to play safari disc golf at. when the new teepads come in it will be great and will help when it rains to prevent slipping after teeing off. The park has some small hills and light elevation, most trees are right around baskets.

I want more post courses!

2-4    6/19/2009   6/23/2009
Review By: DubsAndDiscs
Pros: Great layout and variety of holes here! It's the 1st pole course I've played since I've been spoiled by the 4 great courses near my home. Since I was just down the road and needed to kill some time, I took the 2 mile detour to check this course out and I'm glad I did. Beginning and ending with par 4s, with a nice, tricky par 3s and a short par 2 in the middle, I liked the course so much I went another round right away. Why complain about no teepads and baskets? You'd only get maybe 3 holes max in this amount of space - the only thing you're missing is being able to throw a 300ft bomb... Taken for what it is, essentially the approach and putt part of DG, it was a great little course. If you click the link for the local club, you'll also find an alternate course listed, but if you're out there alone you can really choose to throw at any post from anywhere you'd like and have dozens of choices. You could start at #1 (or #9 or #2) and throw to, then back from, each of the posts and have a nice 18 - there are so many options with this course!
Cons: This course isn't close to where I live! I'd love to work on my short game on a course like this if I could. I can see problem if there's ball games going on nearby, or a family reunion taking place on #9, but sometimes you gotta share...
Other Thoughts: It's a shame there's so many who bad-mouth little courses like this, especially since there are 1000s of parks out there that are capable of hosting a course like this, compared to a small percentage that could accommodate a basket course. Also, for the cost of ONE basket and teepad you can put 18 posts in the ground in just about any moderately sized park ( or 9 in two different small parks). I'd love to see alot more DG courses out there, of any size, and if more were willing to accept posts, you probably would have them. I'm inspired now! I may have to get proactive and try and get a course going around here....