Hardeeville, SC
Hole #17 Blue Tee

Half a great time

1    1/10/2009   6/10/2009
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: Very challenging course. Back 9 is a series of terrific holes, mostly long with lots of OB and many different shots required, including big anhyzers (RHBH) and "for-God's-sake-keep-it-straight-because-there's-water-on-both-sides" holes.

Course is in fine condition and land not shared with other park users.

Right of I-95 interchange; a convenient stopover for travelers heading elsewhere.
Cons: Front 9 (other than hole 1) is a string of insanely tight, "poke & hope" shots through tall pines. More luck than I care for. Unfortunately, it's an "out-&-back" course, with hole 10 about the furthest point from the parking lot, or I'd just play the back-9 and give it 4 stars.

It's an incredibly long walk from 18 to 1 (or the parking lot)....but if you're just playing one round, it's a walk around a lakeshore, think of it as a winddown from a grueling round of golf.
Other Thoughts: Aesthetics---for those who care---are mixed. It's a generally pretty place, with mature pines and lots of lakes, and no trash or eyesores. On the other hand, it's right along I-95, so the roar of interstate traffic is a constant.

It's a suprising walk from the parking lot, through the woods and across the road, to find hole 1.

Wear waders and full bug suit.

1    4/28/2009   4/28/2009
Review By: dhspam
Pros: "challenging" holes. Waterx3 is bogus. Water comes into play in more like 6 or 7 holes.
Cons: Just drove freaking 40 minutes to play at this course where shortly after I put on a shit ton of 99% deet bug juice, I had to dive into gator infested water to retrieve a disc on hole 2.. then started encountering mosquitoes that had wing spans as big as a nickle or larger.. To be followed by a shit ton more water holes. I didn't lose any discs, but got covered in bug bites got dirty as hell and threw 7- over par..

The terrain pads made it hard to play in flops.. as I like casual play. The Bugs were
NON-STOP. they were not even affected by the 99%deet. They were freaking hummingbirds. I had to rush many shots because I was being swarmed.

It was not worth the drive to me coming from downtown savannah. The water is a huge annoyance.
Other Thoughts: The layout is OK. I went on a dry day. I'd hate to see this course after a rain. The staff there is really swell.