Vacaville, CA
Lagoon Valley Share
Uploaded By: Natedog565 Hole #17 (Taken 3/2010)
Hole #17 Tee: Basket is near the small white blossomed tree in the center.

August Is Not The Best Time To Play!

1    8/20/2010   8/29/2010
Pros: Lagoon Valley plays the front nine out playing along side and over the water most of the way. The front nine has smallish concrete pads. The back nine plays up and around a more rugged wilderness area with some elevation to contend with. The pads on the back nine are natural. The signs are mostly fading and are getting fairly hard to read. There is one shot over water, maybe 7 or 8, but it's easy to lay up around it and not risk going into the goose-poo infected water.
Cons: Goose poo was nasty and everywhere on the front 9. As previously mentioned, I was hestitant to put my bag down. The water was fowl and ugly! It was not water I was interested in going disc diving in. The park in August was not pretty and inviting. The front 9 along the water was just goose poo fowled and the back 9 was hot, dry, dusty and burnt. The back 9 was extremely hard to navigate, even with the on-line map we had printed. We never were sure about # 15 and quit after # 16. And the wind was blowing something fierce making every throw or putt an adventure.
Other Thoughts: I guess you could say that our experience at Lagoon Valley was not exactly a pleasant one. I'll chalk part of that to the time of the year we were here (late August). Part, I'll attribute to the geese and their nasty poo. Part to the prevailing winds. Part to the lack of signage and part to the general course design.

Prior Reviews Right on

1    7/6/2010   7/7/2010
Review By: Joe_Maumy
Pros: The prior review is dead on. There is nothing more I can really add but wanted to make this review just to re-enforce the prior comments so it was coming from more than one person.
Cons: Weeds, Duck and Goose Crap, lack of signs
Other Thoughts: Skip it, may be better in the winter.

Go ahead and blast me with thumbs down reviews but before you do go play it yourself in the summer.