Vacaville, CA
Lagoon Valley Share
Uploaded By: LagoonvalleyDgc Hole #13

$3/car parking fee" />
< Prev 1 2 3 4
 Not the finest but decent

1    5/28/2016   5/28/2016
Review By: kevinsady
Pros: Easy freeway access
Cons: Hot! Lots of stickers in your shoes.
Other Thoughts: Not a bad course, but it ate a few of my discs... Water was magnetic. Bring a few old discs for the front 9 if your accuracy isn't great...
I generally play the Lake Tahoe courses so the heat and weeds were a bit foreign to me.

2-4    1/9/2016   2/3/2016
Review By: deft
Pros: lots of pin locations and a good variety of shots. this course is long and uses the land to mix up the shots required. both big arms and finesse players will like this course. the grass was short and maintained, which has been a problem in the past.
Cons: it seems more like 3 separate nine hole courses than 27. Navigation can be tricky here, the first time i played i only found 24 holes. tee pads range from decent to terrible. the wind can make this course a challenge.
Other Thoughts: the course has a lot of potential and with a little work could be one of the best courses in the area. If this course had better signage and tee pads it could easily be a 4 star course.

Ok course, pieces missing

1    12/22/2015   1/18/2016
Review By: Mr. Butlertron
- 18+9 holes
- Alternate pin positions
- Tee Signs with distances
- Pin indicators on some of the tee signs
- Concrete/Brick tees
- Eclectic mismatching tees
- Pedestrians, multi use park
- Bad navigation signage hole 12 and beyond
- Goose dump all over fairways 1-9

The course is located along a dried up lagoon that was surprisingly bustling with joggers and dog walkers at 8 am on a Tuesday morning. The first 9 holes were fairly simple, on flat ground, and easy to navigate. The back 9 plus the bonus 9 holes were on the other side of the road and worked their way up the hillside. I really liked how some of the signs indicated the current pin position. I barely ever see that done on most courses I've thrown. This was especially helpful for figuring out which basket to throw to on holes 4, 5, and 8 as they all overlap with each other. I was also glad to have a stool to place my bag on for the front 9 as each one of those fairways were completely covered in goose crap.

There were a few things that brought my course rating down. Besides the course being kind of bland the most notable were the often slick disproportionate dimensions of the concrete teepads and the horrendous navigation past hole 12. I had to tee off from behind or to the side of most of the concrete pads. Others were either very too narrow, short, or both. The signs on the back side were confusing. I couldn't tell if they were outdated or just neglected. It was the kind of nonsensical fairway jumbling that only a local would know. I saved a map on my tablet and I still had problems. I would have liked to see a couple more holes that involved the hillside instead of the ones over/around the pond. I would have liked to give it a 2.75, but that's not an option, so I gave it a 3 because it's got potential.

Remember to bring exact change or oddly enough your checkbook, there might not be an attendant working the fee hut at the entrance to the park.

Random Doubles at Lagoon Valley

1    9/6/2015   9/13/2015
Review By: thest3v3mc
Pros: I was down visiting from Portland and brought my discs with me with plans of driving up the coast and playing all the way. This was my first stop as I was staying in Davis a couple of days before I headed north. I happened upon a group of locals who were just starting a round of random doubles and joined up. It was nice to have a group to play with since I didnt know the course. We split into 2 groups of 3 twosomes and headed out. Our group started on 10 so I played the course 10-27 then 1-9

Overall there was a great mix of short technical shots, big bombs and birdie opportunities. Tee pads were good, signage was ok but at the same time I wasnt paying close attention because I was mostly relying on the group to give me an update on the hole we were playing. The guys I met were great. Welcoming and informative. Saw an ace on hole 2
Cons: It was hot and dry that day and because of the openess of some of the holes the wind can really play a factor. Not a lot to complain about overall though.
Other Thoughts: I lost a disc on one of the holes and one of the guys went back later and found it. I hooked up with him before I left town so I could start my tour with a full bag. Thanks!

Great view!

1    7/18/2015   7/27/2015
Review By: AngelK
Pros: Nice view. Only had time to play 1-9, but looking at the map, the course had a lot of variety including water, hills, trees/wooded area, and open fields. Good distances at each basket, not too short or ridiculously long.
Cons: Some baskets are pretty close to the road, watch out for cars. Wind was blowing pretty strong the day I played, unsure if it's always like that.
Other Thoughts: Bring $3 for park entry.

My go-to course

5+    7/1/2014   7/10/2014
Review By: danickel0902
Pros: - Tee pads now on all the holes.
- All the tees are marked with signs.
- Rotating holes adds a bit of a change from the usual courses.
- Front 9 offers a good challenge with different terrain types. Water, trees and some hilly.
- Back 9 is mostly hills with lots of trees.
Cons: - The wind is a major drawback. The course is right in between hills, so the wind rushes through the front 9.
Other Thoughts: Bring a floating disc for the front 9, you might need it.

Rocking course!

2-4    3/8/2014   3/16/2014
Review By: TimZ
Pros: Don't hesitate, just come here. This place is a full blown course and it has everything. Uphill, downhill, left turning, right turning, tunnel shot, wide open shot, water hazard, hyzer, everything. Beautiful fairways and the club now has the parks dept mowing the fairways for them!
Cons: Not many cons, the only thing is it can get a little muddy or some overgrown grass and weeds on holes. There are water shots, I know some people consider those a con. These are reasonable water shots.
Other Thoughts: Most of the poor reviews are from long ago and this place is now in tip top shape. Complete signage at all holes and tee pads on many. Great locals and comfortable course, just a great round where you'll need every shot in your bag.

Enjoyed this course

1    3/8/2014   3/10/2014
Review By: Fntsygamr
Pros: Course layout was really nice. Starts off with nice warmup shots, then gets challenging when you are working around the water holes. Parking was nice, people were nice and the weather was great for playing. Paying $3 to get into the park was nice too. Restrooms, carbage cans, and the back 9 with the hills and downhill Top of the World shots were awesome.
Cons: Oblivious people walking the park. I know this is a public area, but people who don't care you are throwing a plastic disc and are oblivious of you, when you are curtious of them being in your space, drives me crazy. Parents that don't monitor their children and let them run through the fairway while your disc is in mid-flight or just plain walk into the fairway as you are driving. Loose dogs that run around the park and people that just don't pay attention.
Other Thoughts: Lost a disc in the pond? Just make sure your name is on it and let Discman Dan know where you threw it and what the disc is and you will most likely get a call back. I threw my Wraith in the water on #7, told him and got a call back the next day. He will hold the disc for a few weeks and then if you don't come get it, he will sell it. I am ok with that, thank you for the chance to get my plastic back. If you do get that call and pick it up, make sure you tip the man for retrieving your disc.

Lots of changes

5+    2/21/2014   2/26/2014
Review By: dbdg707
Pros: The Goon Squad, the local crew, have recently added a lot to the course. Great signage, new tees and bark around each green. Even a broom at almost every hole.

Locals are really helpful.

Back 9 has some top of the world chances.

Bonus holes now have signs too.

Usually some of mainstays out selling discs for cheap.
Cons: Water shots on 4-7. You can lose a disc with a crap throw. Or lay up if you want. Your call. Not as bad as folks say.

Randoms have been known to stroll fairways.

A few holes run along the road. On a busy day, walkers can be an issue.

Wind can be tough.
Other Thoughts: Give it a shot.

Nice, big course on the lake

5+    2/1/2014   2/3/2014
Review By: cboucher
This review was updated on 4/17/2014
Pros: Big course with extra holes to make a total of 27. The course has varying terrain with a great mix of wide open, tightly wooded, and everything in between. Elevation comes into play well here (mostly on the back nine and the extra holes on that side of the course) and a few holes play near the lake (mainly 3, 4, 5, 6, and sometimes 7 depending on pin placement). The course design was well done as far as requiring a mixed bag of shots to do well (doesn't favor righties, lefties, backhanders, or forehanders). There are a couple great "Top of the World" shots on 14, 17, and 18. There has been a lot of work done to the course very recently. There are brand new tee signs on every hole, including the extra holes which were previously unmarked. Brooms have been added on holes with concrete teepads. A lot of the benches around the course have new wood for the seats. There has also been the addition of a few "Next Tee" signs in some spots.
Cons: Pay to park. Not a big deal, though. It's only 3 bucks. This is a multi-use park so there is a lot of non-discer traffic. There have been a few occasions where some holes had to be skipped due to this. One example that comes to mind was the one day we had to skip hole 12 because there was a family or little girls birthday party or something that was using the basket as a table. Hole 12 also has a walking path going right through the fairway so even if there isn't anyone camped out at the basket, you'll still probably have to wait for joggers or bike riders before you can take your shot. A couple holes have pin placements right next to the busy main road going through the park as well.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is a pretty decent course. The recent work done to the course has definitely bumped it up a few notches in my opinion. Last Saturday there was a tournament held there. I would have entered had I known about it previously, but I'll be sure to enter one in the future once I get some more practice in. The locals are friendly and helpful and very supportive of newbies. I take my son with me usually and the locals are always encouraging towards him.

< Prev 1 2 3 4