Conestoga, PA
Starry Stompin' Grounds Mini DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #2 (Taken 7/2010)
4 / 159ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Creative Backyard 11 Hole Mini Course Rocks!

1    7/17/2013   8/20/2013
Pros: After randomly knocking on the their door and asking to play, I was lucky enough to be guided around by Eric Michael Starry, 11 year son of Dave. Their playful cat also accompanied us. I felt grateful for the escort as I would have been hopelessly lost without Eric Michael's directions.

Their backyard is probably two acres set on gently sloping piece of land with all manner of mature trees, bushes, out-buildings and gardens to navigate through.

There are some amazingly creative basket/target locations such as # 6 where you're throwing into the side of a building. A slot has been cut out of the building and mini-chains are hanging down. Very cool!

Near the end of the course, # 8 plays over the pool area fence to a hanging basket inside the fenced in area. Then you turn around and throw across the pool to a drain type basket tucked into the corner of the concrete wall down near the bottom by the patio furniture. It would be a fairly easy ACE if not for the patio furniture in the way.
Cons: I don't know how you one would even think about playing this course without an owner guiding you.

It's only 11 tightly compacted holes.

Eric Michael didn't invite me for a swim after our round on this very warm Pennsylvania afternoon.
Other Thoughts: Dave must be a very creative fellow to have come up with a couple of these holes. After playing a couple of these private mini courses, I can just feel the creative juices flowing in the owners blood. I have to give Dave "Maximum Kudos" for this creative little masterpiece.

This rating is based on a comparison with other mini-courses.

Nice work on this one!

1    3/31/2012   4/5/2012
Review By: softball29
Pros: A nice course in an area with well-manicured fairways and everything kept nice. In a residential area, private course.

- Creative holes. I liked the hole setups here. Nicely done all around. Cool selection for holes.

- Good use of the landscape. Dave has really put some interesting shots into the area he has and he does it well. Watch out for the pool!

- Friendly atmosphere. As with all the mini courses I saw this day, everybody is friendly and helpful.
Cons: - Tee signs/markers. None here, but I was playing with the owner and others, so no biggie. It would totally add to the "Stompin'" experience if there were some markers though!

- Only 11 holes. I can't wait to come back in time and see 18!
Other Thoughts: A great mini disc golf experience. Good baskets, good area. It's one that people should definitely check out. It seems all courses are different and that's what's great about the mini experience.

Wish I had a Guide

1    7/18/2010   7/24/2010
Review By: gottafixit
This review was updated on 7/29/2010
Pros: - Well landscaped yard
- Interesting mix of holes and slight elevations
Cons: - no Hole info or visible navigation on the course, would need map or guide(not a major con as it's private)
Other Thoughts: This is rated against other Mini DG courses.

This is another nice private Mini course that plays though the back yard of the nicely landscaped property. I was granted permission to play but the designer wasn't present so I didn't have any guide or map to help me through it. I was told were hole 1 started and tried my best to figure it out. I was later contacted by the owner and come to find out I only got half the holes right, but I still had a great time. The tee stones were hard to spot or to determine if it was a tee stone or just a stone. The course plays down the back slope of the yard across and back up from what I could tell and made for a bunch of fun and interesting holes( the Grate depression comes to mind).

This was a nice course and a great final mini course for the day, however I recommend scheduling a time to play through with the owner so that he can guide you through the course as it is intended. I'm told this is one of the better mini course in the area.