1 Helpful / 2 Not
Trying to like this course
Pros: - Large concrete teepads: Can't say enough good things about the size of the pads.
- Great signage
- Easy to navigate. Next tees are pretty obvious from the previous basket
- Lake views/scenery: Being in the woods looking out over the water for most of the middle of the course was really relaxing
- Shule is currently at a minimum due to the control burn late in 2010. It will be interesting to see how this is maintained as time passes.
- Traffic on the course is minimal. Went on Memorial Day. The park was full, but the course was empty.
- 11 and 14 were my favorite holes. Both holes are nearly straight runs at the basket with trees guarding the fairway knocking down sweeping shots. 11 plays shorter than the actual distance because of the down hill.
Cons: - pay to play: This would not be a concern if it were a better course.
- Mix of holes: There's a good mix of hyzer/anny shots, but there's not a good mix of long/short, so it felt monotonous after a while. I was so relieved to see 17 that I took multiple drives just to stretch my arm (no one else on the course.) 10 is the only other hole that really plays long.
- lack of variety for repeated play/skill levels. Single pin placement and single teepads means no mixing it up on repeat visits.
Other Thoughts: Being from Atlanta, This course is an hour's drive away. There are better courses within that radius that aren't pay-to-play. Though I can see this course having local charm if you live in the area and being a good place to practice a variety of accurate shots.
Because the course is so short, low power/conservative drive placement and a good short game will yield a good score.
I don't mind a tough, technical course, but this place just didn't excite me.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: Nicely wooded course. Well removed from other activties.
Cons: Gravel tee boxes. No benches. Not well maintained, if I pay to play (which I don't mind), I expect the fairways to be mown,etc. No trash cans.
Other Thoughts: Bring water in summer, as well as bug spray.
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
It's OK but that's about it...
Pros: Short in length so easy for novice players, nice baskets.
The good part is they have a ton of discs for sale in the registration shop.
Cons: No real fairways, kind of a goofy layout. In the summer the weeds and poison ivy runs rampant.
Other Thoughts: This park has about a million acres and why "they" chose to put this course where it is - ? Could have done a lot better putting it elsewhere with at least some open holes. Lots of way better places to play in the greater Atlanta area.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.