Charleston, SC
Tidal Creek Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #13 (Taken 12/2010)

5+    1/10/2012   2/21/2012
Review By: tiger5
Pros: Not too sure why so many people have rating this course low, maybe compared to Trophy Lakes, but honestly I think it's a great course. Lots of holes that appear easy at first but actually require well shaped shots. A few possible ace's, and I'm sure if the water was up there would be a lot more of a challenge of several holes.
Cons: There needs to be more signage, but honestly once you play the course once, it's pretty easy to navigate. Did have some kids playing paint ball in the woods (but they let us shoot the guns so I'm cool with it).
Other Thoughts: This course will make you work on your mid-range game. Not a lot of wide open shots, so you need to have more than a big arm to play this course, maybe that's why so many people rated it low?

Under Rated

5+    2/11/2012   2/15/2012
Review By: tigerfan
Pros: If you want to learn to control your shots, this is the course. I have been playing Tidal for over two years now and it is truly the most under-rated course in all of SC. Yes the fairways are tight, but that will only make you a better player (I am still waiting on that). The mix of shots is just amazing. This course is the course you should go to to get ready for any other wooded course because if you can throw these fairways you should have no problem else where.
Cons: The biggest draw back to this course is that you really can't play it during the summer. The bugs, snakes, and gators are all true. I just feel that you need to remember where you are playing. We are in the low country of SC, it doesn't mater where you play the bugs are going to be bad in the summer, it is what it is. The same thing with snakes. I don;t feel these things take away from a truly well designed technical course.
Other Thoughts: A lot of work has been done to this course over the last year, some changes have worked out and some haven't. The long placement on 8 is now gone and will not be used again. The one on 15 is hard but a nice addition to a course that is very short. I feel this course would have better reviews if people tried to play it during late fall, winter, or early spring. Yes this is not a beginner friendly course, but if someone were to learn on it they would have skills that many don't have "Control". Judge the course for what it is designed for.and not the bugs that bite you, because that can happen anywhere. As for the black water, that is a problem the course has in the summer and is no fun to deal with. My approach to the water is as it is with water or trees on any other course, throw in the fairway. In a day and age when we are trying to get courses in, I am just glad the city of Charleston gave us any land to build a course on in Charleston.

Ship this course up north!

1    12/30/2010   12/30/2010
Review By: N8malibu
Pros: Being from New England, I thought when a local told me this course was tight, I would be disappointed, I was not! It's tighter than I expected which is what I prefer. Mostly straight forward except for a few holes where you'll need an anhyzer or hyzer. Bring your whole bag of tricks with you except maybe your super distance drivers. Scenery was incredible, what a nice change of pace from the norm!
Cons: Lack of signage makes it a bit difficult to navigate without scoping out at least a few of the holes before you let rip.
Other Thoughts: walk out to the road from 14 and toward the exit a way, 15 is down a service road on the right behind a gate.

Loved it!

1    9/5/2010   10/1/2010
Review By: Biscuits
Pros: Just the right distances.
Tight shots force you to throw a solid line.
Requires you to choose shots wisely.
Cons: A little too secluded (saw kids trying to "sneak away").
Definitely needs signage.
Other Thoughts: When I played, it was about 95 degrees out, and it had not rained recently. I found this to be my favorite course in the Charleston area. The one thing I did not like was the lack of signage. this is BADLY needed on this course, as well as some cement pads would be nice.

I gave this course a 4 judging on my one and only experience with it.

Brring Discs

3/16/2008   3/31/2008
Review By: mreed12
Pros: Excellent course to improve throwing technique. Very tight with lots of unfriendly water. Love the water holes very challenging. Several blind shots.
Cons: No arrows to inform you of where to throw or go to the next hole. Needs a lot of work before it is playable year round. This course will be a nightmare in the heat of summer, fairways are to tight for the amount of green that will be present if they do not trim it.
Other Thoughts: Good early spring and fall course! Will be a great course once they open it up a little.