Colorado Springs, CO
Cottonwood Creek Park Share
Uploaded By: J.Kasm Hole #11 (Taken 3/2009)
4 / 168ft.   4 / --   3 / 168ft.   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 3 4 5 Next >
 You Couldn't Handle the Creek!

4/15/2000   3/30/2008
Review By: weum107
Pros: Lots of nice elevation changes, long and short holes as well, and a massive wash for an O.B. on north end.
Cons: Some seriously long holes stand out here. Pro par of 3 a piece is a tough row to hoe due to a few of these mammoths. I suffered a neck injury that knocked me out for weeks while trying to exceed 500 ft with my drive on hole 9. A par of 3 on this hole feels like a birdie - it takes 2 long, perfect drives and a nice putt.
Other Thoughts: Fun course that I first learned on in 1996. Some great holes long and short. Several pin placements, a large layout and some exciting annual tournaments make this a very active local course. Won't ever forget you, Cottonwood! Thanks for the memories!

Cottonwood Creek - A Bit Long and Thick

7/14/2007   3/14/2008
Review By: DG_Wizard
Pros: This course has multiple pin placements on every hole. The signs have all of the pin placements listed. This was another course I played while on vacation last year. I agree with Perth that the course uses elevation changes well and rewards all skill levels.
Cons: This course can be long, almost to a fault, in some pin placements. The layout of some holes almost seemed to prohibit long shots in general, which I didn't like. Wooded courses don't particularly bother me, but the design of some holes seemed to overly punish those who didn't make it through EXTREMELY narrow throwing lanes. The course overall was thick and in need of some major pruning IMO. BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE TO CHASE A DISC DOWN THE HILL BY THE CREEK! It's harder than it looks to climb back up...
Other Thoughts: The scenery is gorgeous! I enjoyed this course, but ultimately preferred Widefield. There was also a REALLY annoying vendor that tried to harass everyone as they entered the DGC. He reminded me of a snake oil salesman.

Cottonwood Creek

9/8/2007   3/2/2008
Review By: Perth
Pros: + Variety of pin placements gives the course that "brand new feeling" every couple weeks.
+ Lots of variety on the holes themselves. A good mix of challenge and reward for all skill levels.
+ It's a pretty course with lots of trees and elevation changes.
Cons: - Spring/Summer play can result in a lot of lost discs - lots of ground cover plants.
- Unleashed dogs. And bees, hives around hole 2 mostly.
- A few pin placements make certain holes a royal pain (16 far position, Par 5 - I'm looking at you). Not "challenging" painful, but "can we please skip this hole?" ridiculous.
Other Thoughts: This course was my introduction to the game, so I admit some bias. The course has a nice variety of challenge and forces you to make some interesting choices. My favourite round ever was in the dead of winter with a light snow falling here.

1 2 3 4 5 Next >