Doyline, LA
Lake Bistineau State Park Share
Uploaded By: kingjames1014 Hole #14 (Taken 6/2012)
3 / 248ft.   4 / 420ft.   4 / 348ft.   4 / 520ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #14 Short Tee

Well worth the Drive

1    7/19/2011   7/28/2011
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: I had heard this was a good course from those that have played it, I was NOT disappointed.
1st, only $1 to play all day, sweet. They even gave me a map of the course (thank goodness)

The course has several very pretty shot though classic cypress trees covered in moss along with lots of very tall pine trees.
There are only a few short must get birdie holes. Many of the holes were longer drive, upshot holes for me. (my max distance is 350)
A few of the holes were great tunnel shots.
Cons: Not the greatest tee signs. At least they were all marked.
Non existence tee pads. Luckily it was dry the day I played so no mud.
The course did have a mando, I am not a fan of those. (and yes I missed it)
The longest hole on the course was over a large field with no trees. Land a good drive on the left so you can make your 2nd shot.
Other Thoughts: I literally drove 233 miles to play this course (it was 120 miles out of the way of where I was going overall)

In my opinion it was well worth it. The course flows pretty good and was a very pretty course to play.

Even though I was tired and it was hot, I managed to shoot a 58 and was happy with it.

I WILL be playing here again the next time I can swing it.

Disc golf with a view!

1    3/27/2010   4/1/2010
Review By: vtsquid
Pros: Well Groomed, Played in, Great Parking, GREAT views, Nice clear baskets, well thought out and all in all, a great experience! A few open fields for hucking and some tight spots for controlled throws. Some holes have more than one basket or tee. The ranger has maps some times, so ask when you pay for parking. If not, don't worry its not that had to navigate! #7 basket is at the end of the filed tucked in the woods where the two white poles are!
Cons: Hole 3 was hard to find the tee, I think the sign is missing and hole 7 is hard to find the basket because it is tucked away at the end of the field!
Other Thoughts: This is a wonderful course! It has everything you want, open fields to just huck, and areas where you need your control! There are some shots near the water so be careful! You have the option to camp there if you want, and It would be a great way to spend a whole day there! I could be muddy in areas (hole one two and three maybe) So bring some boots, but most of the time I bet its fine. There are bathrooms and trash cans along the course as well!

Lord of the Dragonflies

5+    2/3/2009   2/3/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 2/18/2010
Pros: Very secluded. Good variety of types of holes. Heavily wooded and long. Some shaded holes, as most of course is in the woods. Map at office where you pay your dollar fee. No crossing holes and not many golfers during the week. Alt tees have a large difference in length, one is over 200 feet in difference, making some of the alt Ts a different shot. An over the water shot of 350 ft. with elevation help it is very possible to pull it off, even for some rec players like myself. Some interesting pin placements add to challenge as well. Many tables and benches to rest, eat or just take in the sounds and scenery of nature with no background traffic noise. Lots of parking and covered areas with plenty of seating. Coke machine. Even with the length there are still several chances for birdie. This has the most elevation for a mostly flat course that I have seen so far. It is borderline moderately hilly.
Cons: No restaurants close. Not much elevation. During warm weather there are plenty of biting and stinging insects. Hot and humid about half of the year. Distances are not correct on tee markers because so many baskets have been moved, for the better in my opinion.
Other Thoughts: The course itself is my favorite course in Louisiana so far. It is heavily wooded on most holes so there is some shade. There is plenty of land for another course in Lake Bistineau State Park. With a few touch ups and another 18 holes this course could host national events in my opinion.

Louisiana JEWEL!!!!!!!!

5+    4/20/2008   12/30/2008
Review By: teamudgp
This review was updated on 7/6/2011
Pros: This course in the longs will test your skills. A very unique course with lots of old trees and spanish moss. Camping is available. This is one of the best I have played.
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: If traveling through, DO NOT play any other course. You will not be disappointed