Dover, OH
Deis Hill Park Share
Uploaded By: Brall Hole #2 (Taken 4/2011)

Not What I Expected

1    11/7/2009   11/10/2009
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: Long
Challenging
Well Kept
Hole Number 14 was great
Cons: Repetitious
Too Open
It's challenging but only because the make each each hole really long. Maybe if they tried mixing up shot types more instead of just long and open.
If your not in shape this one will wear you out
Other Thoughts: I heard a lot about this course and saw it was rated really high on this site so I was excited about checking this one out. But I gotta say, it didn't live up to what I was expecting

It was challenging but almost every hole was an long open field shot. There was nothing wrong with the course I just thought it was kinda boring. Be ready for a hike. The course isn't that long but you'll spend a lot of time lugging yourself up and down hills.

Hole Number 14 saved the course. I gave it an extra half a star just for this hole. No matter what your skill level is you should play this hole from the expert Tee Pad. I love big holes that are overlooking the fairway from on top of a giant ledge or hill, you don't see it enough, but out of the ones I have, this is one of my favorites.

I'm willing to allow for the possibility that I'm rating this course kinda low out of frustration. I didn't sleep much the night before, so I was kinda grumpy. Also, I definitely didn't bring my "A" game that day. It was one of those days that I just wasn't feeling it. But the guy I was with didn't care much for it either so maybe it's not all just me.

I would recommend it if you live nearby but I wouldn't make it a priority if your looking for a road trip

Long Is Not Hard.

5+    6/6/2009   9/24/2009
Review By: PsyStal
Pros: Deis Hill is a very well maintained course. The grass is always cut, the brush removed, and tees and baskets kept in great condition.

The scenery is fantastic, and the park as a whole is a really great place to spend a day. Forests, fields, lakes...Deis Hill has it all.

The course is long and open, so it also helps put your shots in perspective, and lets players experiment broadly with the flight patterns of their discs and various throwing techniques.
Cons: Deis Hill is extremely long, but it lacks any real challenge. Most of the holes are fairly open and straight; those that do dogleg often do so in odd places and at inappropriate angles.

Unffortunately, Deis Hill's length makes it less desirable for both new players and veterans alike. New players will at first enjoy the open space to work with, but the distance quickly wears out the arm and becomes intimidating and daunting. Veterans will quickly grow bored of "grip it and rip it" shots at such frequency.
Other Thoughts: Deis Hill has a lot of potential, and a lot of space to work with. They could easily have used the land to make two 18 hole courses that are more varied and challenging, but as it stands, it's nothing special. Especially considering the other courses nearby, like Arboretum and Lincoln, Deis Hill just isn't that great.