Dover, OH
Hole #8 White/Blue Tee

Best in Ohio!

5+    7/23/2012   8/23/2012
Review By: lildragon
Pros: - Lots of long holes for big arms.
- Best signage I've ever seen at a course.
- Multiple tee pads, mostly concrete.
- Great use of the park's terrain.
- Picturesque scenery
- Hole 14 is the bomb!
- Clean and well maintained.
Cons: - Not close enough to me :P
- Not really a con, but beware this course will work you out.
- More benches would be welcomed, but not a necessity.
Other Thoughts: The best course in the state of OH, IMO. If you're contemplating checking this place out, do it! You won't regret it, unless you're really out of shape :P

Bring lots of water, especially in the summer.

Bring your "Bag 'O Drivers"!

2-4    9/11/2011   9/23/2011
Review By: Matt O
Pros: Fun course to just let 'er rip. Nicely mowed fairways. Little interference from non-disc golfers. Nice tee signs. Nice use of elevation changes. Closest "destination course" to where I live.
Cons: My only complaint is the lack of concrete tee pads on some of the blue tees. (I've only played the blue ones.) Hole 4 from the blue tee is the best example of this.
Other Thoughts: This course is definitely worth the drive. You will get to see how far you can throw. Since hole 1 is the longest hole, the rest of the holes don't seem as long. But they are. Hole 14 is my favorite. I like being able to admire a good drive for several seconds.

Spectacular

1    10/15/2010   10/16/2010
Review By: whitefedora
Pros: This course is absolutely amazing. Everything about it: the views, the design, the foot traffic(few people were there when I went). I really loved that the fairways were really well kept and even though the rough was not super treacherous, the course design itself was quite challenging.
Cons: Hole 18 only has a concrete pad for the red tee unfortunately. This might be my only negative thought on the whole course.
Other Thoughts: This is definitely worth trekking out to. I live a couple hours away and I'm looking forward to my next visit already.

Expert Course

1    8/7/2010   8/8/2010
Review By: Ben17
Pros: This course is just phenomenal. I dont see anything here that is not to like. It is beautiful. The course is located in such a nice area. The layout of the course was amazing. They have you start at the parking lot, then go all over the park and right back where you started. To start on hole number 1 with a 827 foot hole is awesome. Really it is for all people because they have the three different tees. Personally i played from the white tee but everyone that i saw there was throwing from the red tee. So if you are a good player i would tell you to go from either the white tee or the blue tee. But even though i didn't play the blue it looked very challenging. Really at all of the tees they have concrete launch pads. The launch pad is nice so that you are stable when you throw it. I really like courses with the concrete launch pads. There is great elevation changes. This is probably the best course for elevation changes that i have ever played. The DGA pins were very nice with the double layer of chains. The sign at the tee was probably the nicest that i have ever seen. First they have the par and distance like all of the others do. But the on thing that really caught my eye was the picture on there pointing to the pin. I have never seen this before but i think that it is amazing because if you cant see the pin right away the picture points you there and then thats when you know where it is. It is not a confusing course. Many courses that i have played take you everywhere and you dont know the way to the next tee. That is for sure not the case here. You could navigate throughout the course without a map, but personally i printed one out just in case. When you go into the woods they are just so wide and so fun to play in. The trees are very tall and very well taken care of. Every hole is different and challenges you differently. While some challenge you in distance others challenge you in accuracy. On the very first hole there is a yellw sign with an arrow pointing down to the pin. This is very nice because on that hole you really cant see the pin, so this really helps. It is actually connected to the pin. Like i said before this course is just phenomenal. So it may be a little challenging but it is full of fun.
Cons: Really i have no clue what to put here. To tell you the truth there are only a couple of minor cons. On only like two holes the blue tee doesn;t have a concrete launch pad. Also on a few of the middle holes the white and blue tee is mixed and it was kind of hard for me to figure this out. Thats it for the minor cons.
Other Thoughts: I cant even explain this course into words it so amazing. These holes are just so much fun. I would play here all day if i could. I was in the area and thought that this may be somewhat nice, but i was so surprised and i will be coming back here very soon. So what if its four hours from my house i would drive here every day if i could. My favorite hole is hole #17. They have a skinny fairways surrounded by big pine trees. You need to be very accurate to get a good throw on this hole. It is my all time favorite hole and i even triple bogeyed it. I think that soon this will be one of the top courses in the country. In my mind it already is one of the top courses. If you are ever in the area you have got to come here and play this course. There is no way that you could be disappointed. I strongly reccomend that you go here and have the time of your life, like i did.

Wow!

1    7/16/2010   7/16/2010
Review By: kinger
This review was updated on 7/2/2011
Pros:
~Variety throughout the entire 18 holes
~Amazing condition with great amenities
~3 sets of 12' concrete tees that create 3 distinct ways to play this beast of a course
~Great signs and wonderful baskets
~ All terrain provides for a nice hike
~Good flow, easy to navigate, well laid out course
Cons:
~Hole 9 doesn't finish near the start, no biggie if playing a full round
~It's not closer to my home
Located 30 minutes directly South of me, I have been eagerly waiting for the right opportunity to make my way down and play this course. You can tell right away that those who designed this course had a fun time in doing so. Challenging yet not overly intimidating (unless you play from the blue tees) I enjoyed every single hole on this course. Plenty of technical holes requiring tight angles and precise navigation. You start in an open area and wind yourself along roads, shelters, into a wooded setting then out into more open fields where you can really let your discs fly. Eventually you work your way past an amphitheater along a gravel road, through 2 rows of narrow evergreens and finish along the side of a hill. This course had my heart going and my mind racing almost the entire time. Simply a fantastic place, and a must stop.

Very Good.

1    11/14/2009   11/16/2009
Review By: Technohic
This review was updated on 7/30/2010
Pros: Great concrete teepads
Great signage
Well kept
plenty of trash cans (dont litter people)
Elevation changes
Bombers paradise
Cons: Lacks shot variety
Overly focused on long shots
Good shot will still leave you with bad footing at spots
Restrooms were locked, which is not nice on such a long course.
Other Thoughts: Well, for the most part this is a very nice course, great for long throws without worries for the most part but lacking in technical shots other than hyzer or anhyzer.

With how big it is, I think the course could afford to have a random tree obstacle here and there to make shots more interesting and probably add a few holes just in the long walks from your last basket to the next tee. There was a lot of back-tracking like they were crammed for space but that is obviously not the case.

The hills make you feel like a mountain goat by the time you are done and makes shots interesting with elevation changes but also can make footing difficult to unsafe in spots.

Hole 2 was about the only tight hole and from there, it wasnt much more than a hyzer or anhyzer shot, dictated to your largely what you will do, not leaving much choice in shot selection risk vs reward.

There were bathrooms there, in one spot, which happened to be locked when we were there. Given the course size and the ammount of liquid you are likely to drink, I think it would be a nice addition to get some sort of restroom out there at some point that is accessible at least during day hours. Otherwise, you are encouragin guys to go in the woods and discouraging women from likely wanting to go out there at all.

I do find this to be a very good course so I want to finish on the positives. The teepads and the signs are the best I have seen. This is also a great course for people with big arms who want to really air it out and the course is nicely kept which is an accomplishment given its size. A+ as far as this area goes.

All in all, I know now I had no business having my fiance out there as it was a bit much for her, and the same for my 10 year old, but to test myself for distance, I would return.

To be clear, if this reveiw is comming off as negative, it really isnt. If anything it is the best maintained course, tees and signage that I have ever seen and it is only lacking in a few extra obstacles that might make some holes more interesting and maybe more accessible restrooms, other than that, it is likely frustration of the challenge it creates in distance which only would inspire me to play it again to slay the beast.

Worth the outing for the dedicated disc golfer.

First Course/Home Course

1    7/6/2009   7/10/2009
Review By: Mantis3333
Pros: Beautiful Layout. Great workout, these are the hills I ran in high school cross-country. Paved Tees. Great Maps of each individual hole.
Cons: Gets a little confusing between holes 12-14.
Other Thoughts: This is my practice location. Anytime I'm not traveling, I will be playing this course.

WOW !

1    6/8/2009   6/12/2009
Review By: Mando
This review was updated on 7/18/2010
Pros: Situated on a scenic hilltop in Dover City, the course starts at the high point and plays around the vast expanse of an immaculately-maintained park with all the amenities. One of the most aesthetically picturesque courses imaginable, it even has a fountain near #5.
Everything was freshly mowed which is a huge job considering the acreage involved.
The new tpad signs are the best I've seen on any course with a photo,drawing and even a nick-name for each hole.
3 huge trapezoid-shaped concrete pads on nearly every hole.
3 Color-coded posts for each pad which eventually will have it's own sign.
The red white and blue posts are really nice because you know exactly where your next pad is when you finish a hole.
Unlike most DG courses where red is the red-headed step child,red, blue and white tees are afforded the same first class attention to detail, so you really have the equivalent of 3 courses in one.
Red-4550,White-8005,Blue-9350.
Good flow, easy to follow.
Huge (long and wide) open holes with significant elevation changes,bordering islands of woods on several holes. It also has a few very well-designed wooded holes and a couple with large, scattered hardwoods (#3-#5). The front nine had alot of variety and interesting holes for an open course.
The course is easy to get to, just off I-77 and would make a great trifecta with A-spiker and Lincoln Ridge (Oak Ledges).
Cons: The only con is the worst poison ivy that I've seen on a dg course. Otherwise this course has 5 stars written all over it ! Either stay out of the woods, wear long pants,long-sleeves and gloves or plan on scrubbing down with Technu afterwards (we did).
Other Thoughts: First course played in Ohio and what a treat ! We played the whites and every other course I've played paled in comparison to the grandeur of this one.
I don't have the arm for long, open courses, but Deis Hill transends your personal preferences with the astounding attention to detail throughout the course. I whole-heartedly agree with the earlier review describing Deis Hill as a world class course. If disc golf ever becomes an Olympic sport, Deis Hill would have to be a serious contender as the host course.

Tees are coming!!!!!

5+    1/10/2009   1/15/2009
Review By: tintownsnake
Pros: All kinds of shots are used. accuracy is rewarded most of the time. Not over crowded.
Cons: Ivy, not all tee pads are finished.
Other Thoughts: Tees are done on #6 through 15. thank you Chris Kerr for your help on this!!!! When it warms up I will be helping with the digging.

Meets the Hype

1    9/5/2008   9/7/2008
Review By: Dave
This review was updated on 10/24/2010
Pros: May be the most fun course I have played. Has the variety I appreciate in a course. Best signage ever. Interesting & challenging at all levels.
Cons: Had a hard time finding the right park entrance. A miss on 17 can roll forever. I know.
Other Thoughts: Sometimes, multiple tees feel like the course was designed long, and the short tees were stuck in as an afterthought. Here, each level stands on it's own. I played the white tees, while my wife played the red. It made a fun challenging day for both of us.