La Mirada, CA
La Mirada Regional Park - Front 18 Share
Hole #7 Regular Tee

Not as good as advertised

1    4/25/2010   4/25/2010
Review By: JerryChesterson
Pros: Overall the park is nice and the course is fun. The park is well taken care of considering the number of people in the park. The grass was well mowed and there are tee signs on each hole. The layout is fun and you should expect to shoot well under par on this course.

Nice elevation changes
Cons: There are homeless people sleeping on the fairway, near the baskets, on near tee signs.

There are people everywhere. Setting up shop right in the fiarways.

The design is old and not designed for today's long range discs. I played this course with a flash, a leopard, and a putter and shot 6 down w/ a circle 5 and I'm not that good. I would consider this course a pitch and put. Typically for courses this short I like tigher lines, this course is wide open with easy gaps to hit.
Other Thoughts: Reading the reveiws I expected an eipc course. This wouldn't even crack the top 20 courses within 2 hours of my house in San Antonio. I bet the course is more fun during the week when there aren't hundreds of people in the park.

Don't get me wrong, this course is fun and if you are in the area you should definately play it, but it isn't as good as the others who've reviewed here make it out to be.