Course Extinct
Looking back up at the 1000 ft hole

Hell of a course!

1    2/8/2009   3/2/2009
Review By: bayareabad
Pros: I won't really add much to the other excellent review above. Just to say that I happened upon a tournament when I went to play. I'm from Berkeley and was on my honeymoon. Most people were very nice and helpful.
Cons: In Hawaii, people are sick of tourists! Combine that feeling with the private nature of this course and that explains the slight difficulty in finding and playing this magnificent place. (note how this is just one of two reviews of Poli Poli on this site, and there are none on the PDGA site.) My overall experience playing here in a tournament was excellent and the folks were incredibly welcoming. But be patient and very respectful of the locals. They've worked very hard, without pay, at making this beautiful course and are understandibly protective.
Other Thoughts: Like the other reviewer, I've played De La Veaga quite a bit and this course is even better in many ways. I know that's hard to believe! The setting is spectacular, with views of the entire western side of Maui, on a clear day. There are narrow, tree-lined fairways; tremendous elevation changes, and a lot of creative dog-legs and blind shots.