Fontana, WI
Duck Pond Rec. Area Share
Uploaded By: chickadisca34   (Taken 4/2014)
Park Sign

Really?!?

1    11/6/2012   11/6/2012
Review By: Mercury
Pros: It is a 9 hole disc golf coarse.
Newer baskets in great condition.
Cons: No tees
No tee signs
No markings to go from one hole to another.
Other Thoughts: If you want to throw your disc around and search for baskets then have fun!

not even worth crossing off the list

1    6/25/2009   12/26/2009
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: I do believe we found six, possibly seven, baskets.
Played a new type of basket and they catch pretty well (Quest AT Traper Targets).
On a pretty piece of land; could be an opportunity here for a decent course.
Cons: No tees or enough playing the course to leave tee markings of any kind.
If the one basket that's in the open; near the lot disappears; and it was leaning...you won't even be able to find this course.
We did discover three baskets in the woods; with some sincere search....and I did throw a shot to each of them. But, there was absolutely no fairway cut to get to these holes.
Almost every basket has something wrong with it; i.e. missing chains or links, or the basket is leaning; or the bucket part is cracked.
At least a couple of baskets missing.
Other Thoughts: The owner of the Abbey Resort, seems responsible for this one also. At some point, he was excited about disc golf. However, this course appears to have been abandoned. Seems to be no maintenance or play going on here.

not even a course anymore

1    8/1/2009   8/1/2009
Review By: discin311
Pros: not one thing besides the land could be good
Cons: 1 and a half baskets left looks like they just gave up on this course dont waste your time to drive there
Other Thoughts: wish the park dis would put money into it as there r no good course in or around lake Gevena

D = Dis Course Needs Help (baskets maybe?)

1    6/23/2009   6/24/2009
Pros: When I played this course, there were no baskets in the ground and no tee pads marked. Therefore I gave this course the lowest grade possible.

Hopefully real baskets and tee pads will be installed since the property and layout have potential for sure! The online map here helped me find where the fairways used to be. This overview is my summary. I will change my grade/score to a C+ (1.5 discs) if/when I find out real (metal) baskets and tee pads are installed.

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C+
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A