Huntington, WV
Indian Rock Share
Uploaded By: indianawolf Hole #5 (Taken 8/2010)
-- / 251ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Fun Tough Course

2-4    2/12/2013   2/15/2013
Review By: Ed Cordle
Pros: Very tough course, lots of steep grades and heavy tree cover. First 3 holes are tough with a neat Mando under the stone bridge on #3. Rest of the course is shorter but still in heavy trees and steep grades.
Cons: It was very windy last time we played this course, gusts up to 40mph, definitely added a degree of difficulty. First time playing we had a little trouble located the next tee but with the help of some fellow DG's we had a blast!
Other Thoughts: Very tight fairways on several holes. I play the Rotary Park course more often but love to play Indian Rock for a change of pace.

Indian ROCKS and thensome

1    12/31/2011   1/1/2012
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: This DGC is nestled in the woods with very steep terrain to add with the challenge with tight fairways and baskets located near some serious drop offs.

I loved # 3 unique mando in which the player has to shoot under/ and through the archway of a very old stone bridge.

Even though this DGC topography is very steep, the local DG club has made every effort to make things eassier by having steps almost everywhere you'll need some, unless you stray from the fairways (like I did a few times).

Innova yellow banded baskets make it easier to navigate this DGC.

Tee signs had usefull information on them indicating how to find the next teeing area.

Ample parking
Cons: I wish the tee signs had the holes layout on them.

Although it's not essential, longer tee pads would be nice for people (like myself) who have longer strides in their delivery of their drives.
Other Thoughts: I love these kind of DGC, and will be back. I initially went to the wrong parking lot and asked a few Disc Golfers who we're playing Rotary Park DGC of how to find Indian Rocks DGC and they said to follow the road/ walking path to where it meets another road (near # 3's basket and "the bridge". # 1's tee is UP the roadway and to the left.

I don't know how (well I do and I give a BIG THANKS) to all the Volenteers who pour the cement tees and have made Indian Rocks a seriously demanding and challenging DGC.