Course Extinct
Uploaded By: optidiscic

very nice

1    8/30/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: Wreckmaster13
Pros: very nice course with great flow...
wooded chip and put. Perfect Ace Race course.
Cons: only one or two real par 3 hole. I think both were parred at a 4. A really good player may be able to pull off a few aces, once played a few rounds.
Other Thoughts: I shot a 20. I plan on playing again if and when I drive near there

1    8/9/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: leopardchucker
Pros: Not too many. This is the first couse I played (10 min. from my house.) I am glad I went to a real course after this and did not stop discgolfing. Some innovation shown with the homemade "disc catchers"
Cons: Very short, no defined fairways. Not maintained at all. Good chance of losing a disc b/c of the thigh high ferns that dominate the groundcover.
Other Thoughts: If you are fishing or camping in the park go check it out,otherwise it is not worth the drive. The park has run into financial problems (Luzerne County gov't is in a mess) and I don't think we will ever see the 18 hole course completed. That's a shame, there aren't any courses in the immiediate area.

Crescent Moon for Now

1    2/24/2009   2/25/2009
Review By: optidiscic
Pros: It is a short technical course that if you happen to be at Moon Lake Park and want to escape from your family, friends etc.....you can go play a tight technical course...It's a good place to show people how far the game has evolved...this would be akin to showing young schoolchildren a Chevette automobile..that being it's old, small, not very good, does not age well, unsafe, and a crappy blue color Ha Ha! But it is cheap and did not cost much to make! The drive to the park and the park itself are absolutely gorgeous! I am hearing an amazing 18 is going to be finished soon.
Cons: Where to begin. It is short, just 9 holes, maybe 100-200 foot fairways. The tees are simply those concrete parking slabs you see in a parking lot placed in the woods, If you foot fault the penalty is not only a stroke but possibly a broken ankle! The fairways are all the same..tight and short. The baskets are homemade rusted chains connected to what appears to be brigh blue plastic trash cans cut in pieces. Remote course in middle of nowhere...I would not drive more than 5 minutes to play it...so it's really only good if you happen to be in the park for some odd reason.
Other Thoughts: In a way I hope they keep the crappy niner there even when the Elite Course is completed in Spring 2009. It would be neat to have a beginner and an expert course on the same grounds...would also be fun to drive my friends the 2 hours to this course and have them swear at me as we play the crap 9 and then spring the monster new 18 on them!The elite 18 holer is going in by the marina in the rear of the park. I walked down there and it looks like an amazing wooded course with elevation, streams, long interesting fairways and pin placements is being put in. Was kind of hard to tell exactly but the future looks like a Full Moon Here!

Moon Lake, PA

1    8/1/2008   8/1/2008
Review By: `cjc
This review was updated on 11/5/2008
Pros: None
Cons: This course (9 hole rec) is an absolute terrible "course". Super easy with home baskets that provide shelter for bees and rodents. The place hasn't been maintained and the disc catchers are an embarassment to disc golfing overall. They haven't started construction on the "new" course and after talking to staffers out ther I highly doubt we'll ever see it built. The current mess (course) should be removed from this site because of it's poor condition and easy, easy play and over lack of care.
Other Thoughts: The rec course is a waste of time due to the overall conditions of the baskets in play. The chains are so rusted and tight, that a disc cannot penetrate them. Again, I'm commenting on the 9 hole rec course and I think it's terrible. I am anticipating on the new championship 18 hole course currently being installed somewhere within the park boundaires. Best of luck on the new course.