Millington, TN
Bud Hill - Original Share
Uploaded By: alexaaron Hole #2 (Taken 12/2010)

Great course!

1    6/8/2016   6/9/2016
Review By: shimmishim
Pros: It's an excellent course. It was my first time playing on a private course and had some confusion as to what I needed to do.

When you get there, there's a rule sheet that indicates you need to call Danny. I emailed him before I got there to make sure it would be okay to play. When I got there, I tried to call but couldn't reach him. However, a nice guy named Riley introduced himself and gave me the lay of the land. All you need to do is sign the release form and then head into the woods right next to the donation box (yeah, make sure you make a small donation) and you're off.

The course was easy to navigate. I was actually playing behind a group of 4-5 and had a guide to help but definitely could have figured out the flow w/o them... except for 17. As others have noted 17 is tricky to find... to be honest... I still don't know where it is! While they were teeing off at 17, I was trying to get a disc out of a tree on 16 so I totally missed the pad. I'll need to ask next time I'm out where this is.

This course really does have a mix of everything... from woods, to open throws, to tricky left/right hand shots, and water. Yes... water. I hate water hazards. 14 can especially be tricky if you're a LHBH thrower as the water hazard is a large pond on the right of the basket. 6 and 7 can also be a little intimidating for a beginner/rec player as myself. I just played these from the drop zone just to feel a little bit safer throwing discs for these two holes. Oh and 18. You have throw across a pond. This one isn't as intimidating but still can be. I threw a floating disc on this one just in case though I do believe that this pond wasn't that deep.

All in all, it was a great experience and hope to go back and play it again as well as the more technical ridge.
Cons: Not a super friendly course for beginners/rec players. Water hazards can be intimidating.
Other Thoughts: Bring bug spray/mosquito repellent. I got eaten alive. It was my own fault for forgetting.

Memphis Best!

1    11/19/2011   12/12/2011
Review By: allenbosox
Pros: This course has an excellent mix of holes - wooded, open, elevation changes, water, etc...EVERYTHING is here. The nine hole challenge course presents a really good opportunity to work on the short game and navigating obstacles. The course is very well maintained, well laid out, and easy to navigate. The course can be a little hard to find for a first-timer. This is a good thing because it keeps the course from getting too crowded.
Cons: Many of the tees leave a little to be desired. Maybe I'm spoiled by the 12' long concrete tees common around Texas where I play. I played on a damp day, and footing on many of the tees was an issue. When it's dry this shouldn't be a problem.
Other Thoughts: This is a private course, and they obviously put time, effort and CA$H into maintaining it. Please leave a generous donation in the drop box near the first tee. Make sure to say "hi" to do-rag when you see him. You'll know who he is. As always, please do not throw trash on the ground. They provide plenty of trash receptacles around the course. All in all, this is easily the best of the courses I have played in the Memphis area!

Fun private course

1    12/19/2010   3/2/2011
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course plays on rolling hills with a mix of open spaces, lightly wooded areas, and dense forest. There are a few water hazards throughout the course to add some risk/reward challenges, and they're used really well to add difficulty and variety to the course. Most holes have some kind of elevation change, which definitely adds to the fun factor for me, as well as keeping the open holes from getting too repetitive.

The wooded holes offer lots of different shot shaping challenges. You'll need to hit some tight lines to score well on those holes, and they are a nice mix of left and right turning holes. There's a good mix of hole lengths here, with a couple long bombers, some really short technical holes, and a great variety in between.

The concrete tees were in nice shape, always an impressive plus at a private course. The baskets were also in good shape, they seemed fairly new for the most part. The property was well kept, I didn't see any trash laying around, it's great that people respect the hosts' hospitality here. There's a clubhouse at the parking area, great for tournaments or relaxing in between rounds.
Cons: There are a few too many open holes for my taste here, though this is a really minor con as they at least included elevation and/or water on many of the open holes. Some of the wooded areas, especially on the newer "Ridge 9" need some clearing. A few fairways are still poke and pray type shots where a good score is more about luck than skill. The Ridge still feels unfinished, but with the shape the rest of the course is in I can't imagine it'll stay that way long. Signage was a little lacking here, totally understandable at a private course but I do like to know where I'm throwing and how far it is (though navigation was really easy here despite the basic signage).
Other Thoughts: I love seeing private courses like this, and it's awesome when owners are so welcoming to the disc golfing public. The $5 to play is well worth it here, and I imagine most if not all of that goes right back into the course. Beginners will likely be a bit frustrated here, with enough length, water carries, and tight woods with harsh punishment for missed lines to make it a pretty tough course. It's not quite a place that will challenge gold level players but it's got a lot of fun challenges and variety for us mere mortals. I would definitely recommend a stop here if you're in the area.

A MUST PLAY IN WEST TN

2-4    10/6/2009   10/6/2009
Review By: sdervan
Pros: This course has it all. You need to be able to throw well and know that every aspect of your game will be tested. uphill, downhill, water, woods, open, left, and right. You have to pull out all the tricks you have in your bag to finish close to even. Great host in Danny and wife are so nice. I love how private the course is. No passing cars. Great people out there as well.
Cons: sometimes the mosquitos can be bad but not when they spray.

1    5/21/2009   5/24/2009
Review By: peabody
Pros: Too many to list. Manicured to perfection. Looks like a golf course with beautiful flowers and shrubery. Bag hangers at most tees. Good long concrete pads. Sometimes three pads on one hole. Course flows nicely and the pin positions were well thought out. ( A disc golfer designed this one, not a parks dept. idiot) Clubhouse and parking and beautiful scenery are what makes this course stand out. The finishing hole is worth the price of admission alone. Did I mention how nice Danny and Company are.
Cons: The water was up and we couldn't play 6 and 7. Couldn 't find the tee for #4. They had temporary baskets placed in spots that could have confused you. Play with someone who knows the course when the water is up.
The worst though was the Mosquitos. Billions of mosquitos that love DEET. I think they drink Cutter for breakfast. We played one round and had to leave.
Other Thoughts: I suppose when the river is down the mosquitos wouldn't be so thick. I bet I sucked down over 100 of them into my lungs! Other than that, this is what a disc golf course should be. Thanks Danny for wonderful eye candy.

Does it get any better?

1    5/2/2009   5/20/2009
Review By: Dillon_Gourley
Pros: Great variance of shot selection. Course has everything from short technical holes to more open long throws. Water comes into play on a couple of holes. Some straight shots, downhill , uphill, it has everything.

Multiple pads and pin placements.

Very well taken care of course owned by some really nice people who love disc golf.
Cons: No signs for the holes.
Some of the baskets have seen better days but can't complain because most of them were donated.

Some of the tees can be very tricky after it has rained especially if they are covered in mud.

Be sure to bring as much bug spray as possible. I have never been bit by more mosqitos in my life.
Other Thoughts: I really hate the first time I saw this course it was pouring down rain so I did not get to enjoy this course in it's full beauty.

If you are ANYWHERE near this course it is a MUST stop.

Contact the owners if you plan to drop by.

Dogwood Classic

1    5/2/2009   5/4/2009
Review By: manglin
Pros: Great course design. It has an excellent variety of open and wooded, short and long, flat and hilly. This course has everything. Lots of trashcans and benches. These are great people to have opened up their private land.
Cons: The hole numbering was a bit confusing, but I think it had to do with the tourney I was playing in at the time. The signs also were not very descriptive of the hole locations and obstacles.
Other Thoughts: This course is on private land, so it may not always be open. I think they are there most of time. When the Daniels are there, they are very inviting. The course is very fun and challenging. It has a bit of "homemade" feel with a variety of baskets and tee pads. It has several epic type holes (one open and two or three wooded holes). Water is play on at least two holes, so beware.