Hood River, OR
Hood River DGC Share
Uploaded By: Discette Hole #2 (Taken 12/2013)

Technical but sad

1    9/12/2012   9/14/2012
Review By: CodeMonkey
Pros: Baskets and signs seem fairly well maintained. Decent amount of traffic but not overly busy when I was there. Easy to find from the road/highway. Technical but not terribly ridiculous shots.
Cons: Even with the signs, many holes needed to be scouted. Signs indicated next tee locations but were often still difficult to find without some rooting around or scouting. All the holes were under 200'.
Other Thoughts: This course should be used to practice technical shots and aces. I'm surprised that I didn't land any aces but with one quick one through I came pretty darn close on most holes. Definitely under par on all holes that I didn't completely botch my drives. I bet with a couple rounds I could land a few aces at this course and I'm still a pretty new player.

try a control game and good luck with par on this little one.

5+    9/28/2009   9/29/2009
Review By: k2trcs
Pros: -In HR.
-high quality Mach Vs: practice anyone?
-never busy
Cons: -small space: < 4.5 acres for 9 holes
-difficult layout: some serious backtracking req'd
-minimally maintained, much dry brush.
-some Poison Oak here and there: Be vigilant.
-skater trash
Other Thoughts: -I highly recommend playing this course with slow, control discs. I play with avairs only here.
-Aim for the well-traveled short grass and keep the fun up.
-Many of the holes are really par 4s: #1,#2,#5,#7
-Play #9 from the corner of the park road where some gravel sits...not from back by the tee where you would have to throw up the road. Then you get a short RHBH hyzer fairway shot like is depicted on the Tee sign.
-Feel free to hate this far-from-standard-design while you bogey hole after hole. Once you shoot par here suggest a constructive redesign or travel to North Bonneville or The Dalles. ;)

could be worse?!

5+    8/25/2010   12/11/2008
Review By: kinfolkfan
This review was updated on 8/25/2010
Pros: This course is the only course in the town of Hood River. It has very nice pro level baskets. The signage is fairly helpful. Its a good place for me to stop after work and practice my up shots and putting. The skate park next door is very nice if you skate.
That being said...
Cons: To start there is a good deal of poison oak which the P and R dept are trying to remedy as we review. To stick with the vegetation the black berries are fairly abundant. The rough has been cleared a bit more recently but still requires work. All holes are rather short which compared to old lay out may be a good thing. The walk between 4 and 5 is a bit confusing to find for a first timer, as well as 5/6 and 7/8. Once again ,in my opinion,a slight improvement on the old course walks. The walk out from 9 is a bit excessive and, as the person who designed most of this new lay out, was not my idea... But you can still play old number 7 and the walk out is not so bad and you get a extra hole, just use spotters if you decide to do so. We seem to have a extreme amount of garbage in the park and I don't really believe it is from disc golfers, but we could use some trash cans on the property so we can help pick it up.
Other Thoughts: Hope this slightly easier layout will welcome new comers to the sport instead of scaring them away. If anyone would like a guide on the course or a friendly round please feel free to PM me. Contact Hood River Parks and Rec. if you would be interested in sponsoring a hole or donating some time. Hopefully we can grow a community of DG'ers outta this little piece of land.