Orlando, FL
Gordon Barnett Park - Parkside Share
Uploaded By: solomon.trenton Hole #13 (Taken 3/2011)

Solid Course

1    8/17/2013   9/3/2013
Review By: TeeRex
Pros: To me the maintenance of the turf, the care around the baskets, I felt like this was a better course than I am used to. I haven't much experience, only playing since May 13. I liked the pads, the signage and the sludge creek (which my throws thankfully stayed out of-not so for my poor partner - Note: pro Shop had pvc pipe to retrieve disc, you don't want to walk in that muck, will sink and keep your shoe I hear). Felt like it was a real long course to play. Partner kept loosing his disc likely made it seem longer. But left course with all disc accounted for. Kinda close to some party pavilions on some holes. Not real challenging, but I'm still a beginner and found this challenging. Like the fact there is a small disc pro shop. Bought a couple discs to help keep him in business.
Cons: Got kinda lost around 17 & 18, not marked the best.Some thinning of thick trees and lower foliage would be a dream come true.
Other Thoughts: Going to keep playing here a fun place to play. Not the biggest challenge but fun way to pass the morning/afternoon.

Enjoyable FL course

2-4    11/14/2011   11/14/2011
Review By: pfpro
Pros: -Multiple tee pads on many holes - if you play the "pro" tees and the basket is in a long position, it can be a little more challenging. Personal favorite was #3 in the grove protected position.
-Good signage, especially helpful for blind holes (most of them had the wingnut showing where the basket was placed.)
- Pro-shop on site
- Second Course right there!
- Not overly crowded
Cons: -This course has water risk (as mentioned in other reviews) - so not the best for beginners. These streams are true hazards, not like the streams up north...... That being said, there is a nicely placed water fountain/spigot between 2 and 3 to rinse the muck and discs off.
- Most of the holes are relatively easy - I do think that if you played this course often, par would be achievable relatively easy.
Other Thoughts: I saw one reviewer upset (See UPDATE) with someone trying to sell discs fished from the muck - definitely not cool to sell them - but having mucked (I played with 3 noobie coworkers, all who threw into the swamp), I believe that anything that comes out is yours - if you throw one in, and you want it back, you should wade in and get it - don't wait for someone else to get it. UPDATE - the kind moderator who I did quote earlier on the selling of the discs did let me know that it is theft to keep things that you haven't made a reasonable effort to return, which I see his point. OK, enough on the soapbox. I didn't get a chance to play the other course, but this one was enjoyable for a quick play while on a business trip. From the reviews it seems like the other course is a little more challenging. Overall, this was an enjoyable course - really enjoyable for swinging through town and playing. I have played one other FL course (Taylor over near Clearwater), and would give that a 1/2 basket advantage over this course, I felt there was more obstacles so it is a little more challenging (plus no muck). With the possibility to play 2 courses in one stop in a nicely manicured park - it's a no brainer, Just Do It!

1st Time at Barnett

1    1/23/2011   1/23/2011
Review By: rpitt08
Pros: Awesome tee signs. Pro shop on site. Maps available at pro shop. Great scenery. Some water play. Easy to navigate. Not too hard for beginners.
Cons: Layout favors rightys. Park seems like it is always busy and thereforre has a lot of pedestrian traffic. Most of the shots are too straightforward and may bore advanced players.
Other Thoughts: Overall a great park featuring two 18s. I preferred the North course over the Parkside layout. A couple of hole you'll want to spot as you can easily loose a disc in the palms/briers.

Good First Impression

6/23/2008   6/23/2008
Review By: jaysonwhelpley
Pros: Very well laid out. Well marked (much better than the other park). Challenging enough without being frustrating. Nice open holes with a few trees to spice it up. I like 3 and 10 for that factor.
Cons: One bridge out made it impossible to play some of the holes quickly (particularly 2 and 3) which has nothing to do with the course itself, but it's frustrating to have to walk the length of the hole three times over just to play it. Would have scored higher if this wasn't the case. 15 and 17 could be a problem with private property coming close to the course.
Other Thoughts: There did seem to be some sketchyness going on there today, some old guy yelling at some "kids". I didn't see it end, but then I didn't see the guy again, but it was a little distracting.