Leander, TX
Benbrook Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: BELLYRUBS Hole #3 (Taken 1/2009)
Hole #3 Fairway: Basket is on other side of narrow creek

Good Ideas, Poor Execution

1    8/28/2014   8/28/2014
Review By: 5c077l20x
Pros: -Decent layout of holes. Makes good use of land available.
-Fairways seem to be kept maintained.
-No tee pads, but tees aren't terrible.
-Pin placements are a lot of fun and can be creative. This leads to a lot of shot variety among holes, but see below as this kind of turns out to be a con for how limiting some holes are.
-Plenty of Parking and nice restrooms by parking lot.
-Not a lot of traffic. Never seen another soul out on the course with me.
Cons: -Pretty rough to navigate. Some tees look out to multiple pins. Map helps, a local could help out a lot more.
-Overall pretty short. Some longer holes, but I've never taken longer than an hour to get through it by myself.
-Though fairways are fair, the rough is ROUGH. Poorly maintained. No paths in or out of brush. Wasps and yellow jackets a plenty.
-Lots of risk for little reward. Specifically thinking of water on 5, brush on 7, and tunnels on 14-16.
-Like I said above, a lot of shot variety and fun lines. But its an odd mix of everything. For is otherwise a pretty casual playing course, there are some odd make-it-or-lose-your-favorite-disc type shots (again 5,7,some of the back 9).
-Related: usually only one option for a line on some of the holes.
-Tee pads/alternate tees would help a lot.
Other Thoughts: Will definitely give this one another shot over the winter when the brush isn't so thick. Could be a lovely sister course to Cat Hollow and Rivery if it was maintained a little better. Alternate tees would be welcome as well. While it's a good introductory course for beginners, be sure your okay with losing a disc or two if you want to take some of the risks the course offers.

Snakes and Lost Discs...Hard but Good

1    4/24/2012   4/24/2012
Review By: coachhart25
Pros: The bathrooms at the front were very well kept, maybe the best for a disc course/park I have seen in a while. For the most part everything was trimmed,.. Nets in good condition. The photo of the map of the course at the fornt was nice. Take a picture, you are good to go!
Cons: The "natural" tee boxes were ok. I am getting used to those a little more. No signs, no yardage markers. We lost three discs in the span of four holes...
Other Thoughts: I like how they "mowed" the "fairways" but I do wish they would trip the "rough" having weeds as tall as my waist (I am 6'3) is tough! Throwing over the 17 creek is prety cool, but not near as daunting as some of the other holes... #5? Holy cow. If you throw it left, you lose your disc. then 3/4 of the way down there is another man made pond right in front of the basket...Ouch!

Some very narrow fairways. This is not like Wilco though or Rivery in the fact that if your disc goes in these trees, it is NOT coming down, and you are probably without the disc. I just kept driving with my Viper because I was afraid tho throw my other ones!

There are signs all around to warn you of snakes. Copperhead, rattlesnakes, water moccosins. We saw a copperhead and heard a rattler, but we also didn't venture too far (hence losing the discs.

This courese probably is not for the weekend warrior or the people that just picked it up. I am sure if your skills are good (not me) than this is pretty enjoyable. Holes 10-12 are mirrors in the open, everything else pretty tight. We threw a disc into somones backyard on three (darn wind!)

For us living in Round Rock, I wanted to drive out there to see it. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think even if and when I get bette will I go out anbd play it. Too far for me for it just being like this...

On the fence

1    10/23/2010   11/20/2010
Review By: cfmack
Pros: Considering the course around this one, it has potential. It is one of the only near by 18 hole courses and has a unique and challenging lay out.
Cons: The tie boxes are poorly marked. Poison ivy was all over the place. I would gladly walk away from any disc that landed in the "pond", which smelled like dead bodies where disposed of in there.
Other Thoughts: The grass was higher than most well kept courses but I've seen worse

Pretty nice

1    4/24/2009   4/27/2009
Review By: RRDiscgolfer
This review was updated on 6/8/2010
Pros: very nice course, they had recently cut it and everything was green. there is an awesome hole that you have to tomahawk over some trees to get to the basket, maybe 100ft. pretty cool. There are times when you loose track of what hole you should be on because there is no signs. Just take a map and look for the mulch.
Cons: trees are so thick that if you throw on top of them you cant get your disc. almost like a canopy. lost tye dye valkyrie on hole 13.ug
Other Thoughts: Would be a really great course if they put tee box signs and put maybe concrete tee boxes or just new mulch.