Milford, MI

< Prev 1 2 3
Monumental

1    5/24/2013   5/24/2013
Review By: apdrvya
Pros: Aesthetic--area, while temporary, is disc golf exclusive while the course is in the ground. the area is a winter sports/rec area during the winter.

Baskets-- great, nice repair and somewhat visible. Could potentially use tall flags to increase visibility

Challenge-- Holy hell. this course is an absolute beast! almost 9000 ft and only 18 holes is friggin monumental.

Variety-- yeah, there's variety here. Huge is the name of the game here, the shortest hole is 285 (I believe) but most holes are 400' +. Up, Down, Left, Right (BABA select start) and truly monsterous holes...

Challenge-- this course will kick your ass six ways from sunday. It will challenge EVERY shot in your bag and leave you wanting more.

Routing/Nav-- Fairly easy after finding the first pin. the map provided shows it as a harder right but the basket position is along the tree line to the (slight) right of the tee.

#8-- one of the most unique holes that I've ever played. stands out to me as one of the biggest risk v reward holes without water out there!
Cons: Let me preface this by saying that when I was there a lot of the ammenities that are normally there for tourneys weren't there.

Teepads-- sandy skids in the grass. During tourney times it's said to have flypaper or rubber mats.

Teesigns-- none there when I was there, I'm sure during tourney times, there are some form of teesigns

Temp course-- the fact that it's a temp course is a true shame. This could be an amazing destination course during all but the winter... The Black Locust course is nice but this course is phenomenal!

NOT BEGINNER FRIENDLY! this course is NOT for beginners (let alone 3yrs experienced).

Rough-- the rough is killer, but you're not supposed to be in the trees now are you?
Other Thoughts: I couldn't believe that on a friday before noon the parking lot was FULL.. this course, while in the ground, is a true destination.
This course kicked our butts and left me (not b3nder) wanting more...

Elevation rocks!

5+    6/7/2012   10/9/2012
Review By: steven2361
Pros: The elevation here is out of this world and you really need to know how to change your throws throwing up and down the hills. There are many par 4s and one par 5.

Hole 1 is a big left to right downhill hole. It takes a very accurate shot to get a look at birdie. Watch out for the rough right of the basket.

Hole 2 is the par 5. It is flat for the first 270 than steep uphill all the way to the green. The fairway is pretty wide. If you figure out how you can best play this hole to your strengths it should be an easy birdie. Going for the eagle is super dangerous.

Hole 3 is the biggest downhill drive on the course. A good drive can fly around 700 feet! It takes two solid drives to have a look at birdie. Right is death no matter where you are on the fairway. Even if you fly a mile left you should be be in good shape even if it doesn't look it from the tee.

Hole 6 is a great par 4. The drive to the landing zone around the corner is longer than it looks. There is no real laying up on this drive.

Hole 7 is a good uphill par 4. Just get out of the gap on the drive and you should be in good shape.

Hole 8 is a long right to left hole that is tricky to birdie.

Hole 10 is one you want to birdie. It is around 300 left to right. The green is sloped down and left though so you really need to try and land flat. Early and right is death along with straight and long. Some lay up so as to not bring bogey into play.

Hole 11 is definitely one you want to birdie, an uphill open shot.

Hole 12 is a fun hole but it is a tweener hole for sure. It is too dangerous to go for the big left to right birdie so must lay up with midranges.

Hole 13 is where you can show off your distance bombing up the hill. It is an easy birdie for the big arms.

Hole 14 is a downhill hyzer.

Hole 15 is a great par 4 that slopes down and right and then up to a dangerous tilted green. It is a tough 3 to get.

Hole 17 is a wide open bomb first drive and then an approach way up the hill to a plateaued green.

Hole 18 is a big left to right up the hill. Righty backhand players never really get into the circle here.

Signs are good when the course is in.
Cons: Hole 4 is a tweener hole that is very hard to two, and easy to bogey. It is a tricky hole.

Hole 5 is a blind uphill short hole that is a poke and hope hole.

Hole 9 is a tweener uphill right to left hole. It is too long for most anyone to birdie. Going for the green is dangerous if you have the arm as the green is super small.

Hole 16 is a blind big stall hyzer or a flex forehand for the birdie. I just don't really care for this hole.

This is a temp course with fly pads when it is in for the USADGC.
Other Thoughts: Most of the holes are blind here. Use a spotter.

USADGC is my favorite event.

Toboggan Addict

1    8/17/2012   8/17/2012
Review By: #19325
Pros: The Toboggan is an absolute beast that plays 8,823 feet. The par is 62. There are seven par 4's and one par 5. This is modern day golf designed for Gold Level play. Just as the name states the tobaggan run comes into play on holes 1, 2, 3, & 18. There is great elevation all over the course. Many holes have open and longer fairways with tall grass. There are many holes that force a line and have a gap to hit. Many have some nasty thick rough and woods to get in trouble. This course will test every shot in your bag. The area is very beautiful and the course is isolated to just disc golf.

Discraft makes awesome tee signs for this course.

Great brand new Discraft Chainstars.

Hole #1 starts off with a boom. 477 feet playing downhill. Very reachable for most skilled players.

Hole #2 is a beast playing back up the Toboggan. It's a par 5 and takes 3 awesome shots to get a birdie. Thick woods line most of the fairway.

Hole #3 is another crusher down the toboggan. Bigger arms will have a great shot of getting a 3 on this 900+foot par 4.

The rest of the course has a great variety.

The green on #17 is elevated and small.

Finally, after taking a beating you have to mash a shot up the toboggan to finish. It's a fun type of pain!!!

Cons: It's too bad this course isn't permanent. The rubber tees will have to do since this course is only open a month or so. Go play it!
Other Thoughts: Make a day of it. Play the Black Locust too!

Navigation and flow is pretty solid. The first time thru might be frustrating because the course is long and pins are blind. To really enjoy this course play it several times. Have some patience. Take a map!!!

Playing with a friend and spotting for each other will help the fun factor. Be prepared to look for discs if you are throwing by yourself. The rough and blind shots can get you.

I would play it the day after the USADGC. The course is mowed and always looks fantastic. The rough will be beat down a bit from all the play.

If you get a chance to play Am Nationals do so. It's the best amateur tournament that I played.

You can find more information on the course here.

Amazing

2-4    6/10/2012   6/11/2012
Review By: 1978
Pros: This course is amazing. Beautiful vistas, awesome spectator course. It is rare to have so many holes where you can marvel at the full flight of a disc. Half of the holes are breathtaking. You start with a massive downhill anny 400ft+ par 3 then right back up the hill with a par 5. Distance AND accuracy are important here, then back down again a monster hill with awful mean dense brush to the right on #3. Brush hogging here really made the difference, thanks guys. Then you weave in and out of woods emerging bloodied, tired and elated to see even more open bombs on 14. Layout is very fair maybe only benefiting HUGE sidearm throwers and lefties slightly. Most of us arent in that big sidearm crowd so it plays fair. Baskets were in great shape and greens offered a number of risk reward roll away threats. Grass on the green was short and perfect, blue lines painted for the Am Nats were a nice touch showing you 30'. This course is a photographers dream. I would make any flight to get back here and play again.
Cons: There were a few nit pick things to mention that keep this from a 5* in my book. I am mindful of the fact that this is a temp course, so every year you basically have to "build" a course for the Am Nats event. Rubber tee pads were nice and sticky but not level and bumpy. We were given the option to tee from the grass because of this. A few of the holes like #6 and #12 are poke and hope. There are only 2 baskets visible from the teebox. There are few ace runs. Greens are SMALL. On a number of holes you have to lie on your belly to get a putt from 15' (4, 6, 11, 12, 13 etc) Hole 11's basket is blocked by a tree with very low hanging branch and there were a few spots where some tree limbing would make the holes a little more fair. The Toboggan is a disc eater. In my final round I hit a tree and knocked out 2 discs including myown. I found (and returned) 8 discs while looking for my own errant shots.
Other Thoughts: Despite the Cons I listed, the course was amazing and a MUST PLAY. Everyone plays the same course and if you don't like putting from 20' from under a bush, make a better upshot or drive. Thanks for giving us this gem 30 days out of the year. We appreciate it.

"Ken...sing...ton," My Final Dying Words, Revealed To Be a Toboggan

1    5/31/2012   6/8/2012
Review By: jhgonzo
Pros: 1. Variety. While Toboggan falls into the "lightly wooded" category (and that's a generous classification), you'll be required to demonstrate mastery of nearly every shot type in any serious golfer's repertoire. Big downhill RHBH anhyzers on #1 and #3, massive straight uphill holes like #2 and #13, HUGE risk/reward holes like hitting the gap on #16 or punching through wooded tunnels on #7 and #15, and plenty of reachable pins if you know how to select the proper discs and execute your shots. There is also a premium on landing zones out here with several Par 4s and a Par 5 (it's a Par 62 for 18 holes!), emphasizing the "it's all about the second shot" mentality if you land where the designers intend (#7 was a terrific example of this). Aside from shot placement, the other big factors out here are the spectacular elevation changes and wind, and when you're dealing with both on a hole, you're in for some awesome disc flights or some severe punishment (my round suffered more from the latter).
2. Maintenance. In general, the upkeep out here is phenomenal. The fairways were mowed (lined with the dreaded tall grass), litter wasn't a problem, and paths made finding the next tee pretty intuitive. The big red/white/blue and "DGC" design on #1 and #17 were a really cool touch! The modest fee to enter the park ($5) and the disc golf fee ($2) are put to good use out here (although I never did manage to find a place to pay my $2 since I skipped past Black Locust, limited on time and wanting to attack this course more than anything…if Discraft or USADGC staff see this review and would like my money, I will happily PayPal you!).
3. Baskets. Chainstars seem to be the standard on a lot of Michigan courses, and I really grew accustomed to them in my several days playing courses around the state, though they took a little getting used to. These ones caught really well and were in great shape, and the "ching" on these targets have a certain sound that's unlike the Machs or DISCatchers I'm used to playing on. I guess even variety in the holing-out sound is a pro!
4. Signage. Temporary like the rest of the course, but very colorful laminated placards showing hole number, a rough layout of the hole, distance, and par, all superimposed on Discraft/USADGC logos. Neat, simple, and effective…and that's all one really needs.
5. Challenge. I typically include the caliber of a course under my "variety" section, but this course is so unique and so championship-quality that it deserves a special mention. Comparable to Highbridge Gold (a Par 68) in terms of difficulty, but quite obviously in a class of its own. What sets this course above most all others, for me, can best be described anecdotally: On #17, I experienced a mental game like never before…stepping up to the tee, you see the pin nearly 800' away tucked up on a cool hill, and the mowed right-to-left fairway surrounded by tall grass suggests where one ought to land (I'm sure big arms can clear this turn in the fairway and land fairly close to the hill)…like in a chess game, I tried to plan not only my tee shot (with a Buzzz) but my second (with a Blizzard Boss) and third as well (it was clear that taking a 4 here would be quite the accomplishment at my skillset)! Any hole that can force a player to mentally "pre-play" the hole is not only unique, but resembles our cousin, ball golf, more than most bolfers would care to admit. As disc technology progresses, I predict more golf-like holes like this popping up on permanent courses.
6. Amenities. Immaculate restrooms off the parking lot. I wouldn't eat off the floors, but I was blown away by the condition of the pissers, especially in a large heavily used park like Kensington. Trash receptacles and benches were present in several areas as well.
7. Navigation. Tricky in some areas (see Cons), but mowed paths lead the way to the next tee, and the dirt tees are easily spotted in the open areas.
Cons: 1. Tees. Rubber mats are only put in immediately before Am Nats; if you play here before or after, you'll experience sandy dirt tees with no strictly defined tee boundaries (not like I'm calling foot faults during casual play!). While I understand the need to keep work out here focused on the big event, I don't think putting the rubber down a bit early would be a huge inconvenience, especially if qualifiers are still held here in the week or so before the tourney.
2. Navigation. The staff at the booth seemed to only be aware of the Black Locust course, so I drove to that area to get some better directions, only to encounter players who seemed to react to the word "Toboggan" like I'd asked if they knew where the nearest place to buy black market human organs was. No, I'm not that good of a golfer, but I thought it was hilarious to see their wide-eyed replies, which were about as vague as what I'd gotten at the entrance booth. Driving through the park and starting to worry that maybe I'd been misinformed about the course being in the ground already, I eventually saw signs for "sledding hills" and knew I was on the right track (and to digress here - I have never seen sledding hills ranked by difficulty like out here! I thought you just plopped your butt on a saucer or toboggan and let gravity take over. Do they have a Sledding Am Nats here in the winter?). Finding the tee for #1 was a bit tricky as it seemed nobody was playing the course when I was there (it had been raining), but after finding the tee for #3 and the basket for #2 and seeing a group hole out on #18, logical thinking and knowledge of course design took over. Some areas on the course itself could benefit from basic directional signage - again, only to make casual rounds flow better.
3. Signage. Several signs were missing, even with the course only having been in for a little over a week, so either chuckers threw them in the woods or someone took them for souvenirs (I admit they'd make cool souvenirs, but I won't resort to theft AND vandalism for my own selfish desires). Some of the hole routes outlined on the sign were pretty vague or exaggerated.
4. Rough. My rating obviously isn't affected by this frustrating feature, but just be aware that you will more than likely be in big trouble if you get off the fairway. I lost my beloved yellow Magic off the tee on #15 in the right rough with a shot that was JUST ABOUT perfect but somewhere on the edge of the fairway, and nearly 30 minutes of searching yielded nothing. The canopy is extremely thick, so discs may never reach the ground in some spots. The long grass rough lining many fairways could probably be kept just a bit shorter to aid in finding "almost" nice shots.
5. Design. There is just a little more bias favoring lefty shots (RHBH anhyzers for me) than I'd like to see on such a generally well-rounded course. Fortunately, the varying distances on these holes keep it from being repetitive.
6. Length. This in itself isn't a con to me, but the basic signage combined with some long blind holes requires a lot of scouting ahead. The scouting required on #8 was actually quite fun (you'll know what I mean when you actually stand on the tee and say, "WTF?!").
Other Thoughts: Playing this course was a fantastic adventure. I almost played it solo, but my sister-in-law's boyfriend offered to tag along since I had expressed a desire for a spotter. He had only played once over a decade ago and hadn't taken much away from his previous experience, but I can tell you that after bringing him here to experience his "real first round ever" will make most courses pale in comparison. This is NOT a beginner course (although he had a blast!) and will frustrate most people lacking experience. I shot a +21 playing the course par (seriously, who plays all 3s on a course like this?), and to put things into perspective, the 2012 USADGC first round leader shot a -5.
The fact that it's temporary may be a con for some folks, but to me it is what it is; indeed, the limited availability makes this feel like a really special disc golf experience (especially since I know I'll never play in the USADGC), and I encourage every serious disc golfer to make the trek here…just make sure you verify that it is in fact in the ground (though if you travel here to find it pulled, you could enjoy Black Locust or many other great courses in the area) before making any lengthy voyage! While some might not feel a 5 is warranted because of the temp nature, dirt tees, untamed rough, or whatever, this is some serious freakin' golf and probably one of my favorite courses ever. I feel privileged to have played it and will definitely make more attempts if I'm out that way in the future (we usually travel to Adrian, MI, around Memorial Day every year, so I'm excited to realize I may be able to make a tradition out of playing here!).

Absolutely Amazing

1    6/3/2012   6/3/2012
Review By: kw83028
Pros: -Terrain - The giant hills of Toboggan are extremely fun!
-Shot selection
-Variety
-New Baskets
-Very well maintained
-I thought navigation was pretty easy, but I printed out the satellite map of the course and that made it a breeze
-Restrooms at the start
-Huge parking
-Almost everything!
Cons: -Tee signs - The tee signs are a joke to me. The only thing they are good for is telling you what hole you are on and the distance. They picture they actually give for hole layout is down right hilarious. They are way off. There are many signs that show you throwing out 300ft, making a 120 degree turn then throwing backwards 100 ft. lol. They aren't even close to how the holes are actually laid out unfortunately
-Not a con to me, but some would say distance, it's a huge course
-Pretty unforgiving if you don't stay in the fairway
-Not many trash cans or benches
-Definitely not for the beginner
Other Thoughts: I know my review probably will get a bunch of unlikes, but it's hard to put this course in to words.

This course is amazing. The view, terrain, and pretty much everything else about it are beyond words. Just go out and play it. My only problem was the tee signs were a joke. Using a spotter on quite a few holes is a necessity and saved us a lot of possible lost discs today. Bring a lot of water, sun screen, and bug spray. Be very prepared for a long round and enjoy this course when you can!!

5+    5/29/2011   7/29/2011
Review By: CKR-JK
Pros: Bomber course.
Pristine condition.
Have to say in the fairway if you want to score well. No BS shots.
Cons: Dirt tee pads.
Not open long enough.
Other Thoughts: I live 5 minutes from the course so play it often.

Best course overall.

The Toboggan Course

1    5/29/2011   6/22/2011
Review By: roadtripstuff
Pros:
Great Tee Signs
New Baskets
Disc Golf Exclusive Area
Picnic Areas, Ball Golf, Beach and Other Amenities in Park
Another 27-Hole Disc Golf Course in Park
Park is Clean and Well-Maintained
Cons:
The Rough is Very Thick (Spotter Recommended)
Very Few Benches and Trash Cans Throughout the Course
Navigation Can Be Difficult
Int-Open Level Players Only Recommended
Natural Tees Are Getting Rough
First Hole Can Be Hard to Find
The Toboggan Course is a huge, 18-hole temporary course located in Kensington Metropark near Milford, MI. The course is set up once a year, usually in late May or early June, for the US Amateur Disc Golf Championships. While the course is in place and open to the public for nearly the entire month, the rubber tee pads are only installed around tournament time when the course is open to registered players only. When the rubber tees are not installed the course has natural/grass tee pads that are just starting to show their age and could use a little rehabilitation as they are starting to show a lot of dirt and can become extremely slippery when wet.

To get to the Toboggan Course take US-96 to exit 153 (Huron River Parkway) and head north to the entrance/pay station. Once you pay the parking/entrance fee, $5.00 per car, continue on Huron River Parkway for 2.2 miles into the roundabout and make a left onto West Buno Road. Follow Buno Road for 1.5 miles (it turns into Maple Beach Drive) and make a right into the parking lot. If you follow the signs to the toboggan area you should have no problems getting there. From the parking lot you should be able to see a couple of picnic pavilions, the first tee pad is to the left/east of the pavilions near the edge of the hilltop.

The Toboggan Course is truly unlike any course I have ever played. When I stepped on the first tee I just smiled and even laughed out loud a bit. I couldn't believe the shot that I was looking at. This was one of the biggest downhill shots I have ever played. Right away I knew we were in for a hell of a round of disc golf. I had no idea.

Hole 1 is pretty open. the worst rough is just feet from the basket, off to the right. As with many holes on this course, I would highly recommend a spotter here. It's hard to spot the basket from the tee pad and if you go too far right there is no way you will be able to keep your eyes on your disc.

As excited as you were to see and throw hole 1, you will be the complete opposite when you lay your eyes on hole 2. A whopping 726 feet up the same enormous hill you just came down. Not only do you need a cannon to even pull off a 5 here, you'll also need to be in good physical condition to have the strength and stamina to keep your shots in the fairway and on target.

Hole 3 is another huge, and I mean huge, downhill bomb. Not only do you have to tame the huge air from atop the hill, the hole measures in at just over 900 feet with at least half of that coming after the hill levels out. From the tee pad you will want to avoid the rough on the right side of the fairway at all costs. It is extremely thick and if your disc goes in there is a good chance you won't be able to spot or even get to it. This is another spot where I would recommend a spotter down near the bottom of the hill just to be on the safe side.

After hole 3 the course starts to balance out a lot more. While elevation is present on nearly every hole on this course none are more dramatic than those first three holes.

While the elevation changes are the what stands out the most on this course there are a few other highlights as well. Hole 6 being one of them. A long hyzer (RHBH) shot over rolling hills with a very nice defined fairway. This hole will test anyone's game and is one of the top holes on the course.

Hole 8, another standout on this or any course, has you throwing off a huge drop-off. The basket sits well below tucked away in one of the small patches of trees you find throughout the course. The view from the tee pad is slim to non existent and a spotter is almost a necessity on this hole. The tee pad ends into some very tall weeds making only the tree tops from the valley below visible.

Hole 12 is just a downright awesome disc golf hole. It has everything a player would look for in a great and challenging shot, elevation (downhill), nice mature trees as obstacles, and a beautiful and well-defined fairway. This is, what I would consider, the best hole on the course. There may be a couple others, holes 1 and 3 specifically, that may have a little more of a "fun" factor, but hole 12 is just a challenging, well-thoughout, pure disc golf hole.

This is definitely the most challenging course I have played to date. Not only is the course difficult to throw and do well, it's physically demanding and those that do shoot well definitely deserve to be called the best in the game. I can definitely see why they have chosen to hold the US Amateur Championships here and recommend that beginners and casual players may want to work on their game before tackling this beast.

There are a few things all players will want to keep in mind before taking on this monster. First, once you start your round and get past hole 3, you don't really come back by your vehicle and the restrooms until you are finished with your round. The closest you will come is between holes 13 and 14, but it's still a hike back to the top of the hill you are on and through the woods. Your best bet is to make sure you take plenty of water, bug spray, towels and whatever you maybe need right from the get-go and save yourself from having to make that hike back up to the parking lot. Another thing to remember is that there isn't a lot of shade on this course. If it's sunny and you don't want to burn I recommend sunscreen as a typical round at this course can really range anywhere from 2-4 hours depending on the size and skill of the group, how long you spend looking for discs in the rough, and how many other players are on the course. One last thing is there aren't trash cans throughout the course so please keep this beautiful park and course clean and pack out whatever you pack in and get out and this one if you have the chance.

A little bit dissapointed

2-4    6/13/2010   6/15/2010
Review By: tistoude
This review was updated on 3/22/2011
Pros: Extremely well groomed. The fairways were very well defined and were in immaculate shape. The entire course is very aesthetically pleasing. Hole number 1 is possibly the prettiest starting hole I have ever been on, especially with the special mowing they do for AM Nationals.

Very nice temporary tee's. Even though each tee was not perfectly level ect.. they were all in good shape. It is great that they install tee's for a temporary course.

Course offers plenty of elevation. I know there are people on this site that think all courses should have some elevation, well this course provides tons of elevation. I think there are only two holes that play somewhat flat (4 and 10).

Lots of shots are needed to be successful on this course. This is a very RHFH friendly course, but you will need to have every shot possible to shoot a low round. There are huge Hyzer shots, tons of flick/anhyzer's, a thumber works well and you will need to be accurate with putter from all over. A key shot you should bring with you is the Getting Out of Trouble shot since there is an excellent chance you will be in it a few times on this course.

This course really offers you a chance to air out your driver. I think this course rewards distance over accuracy on most of its holes (not all) and it pays to bring something you can really huck.

I appreciated the lack of Duece or Die holes. There are a few legitimate deuce oppotunities but over all this is a course that makes you accept that par is a good score even if those are 4's and 5's.

Toboggan has a great flow to it. It just happens to be a really long tiring flow. Each tee is easy to find from the previous pin.

Kennsington Park is awesome. Well maintaned, very large and there are tons of things to do in this park. There are nice facilities near the first tee.
Cons: Most of the holes are extremely forgiving of bad shots unless you are deep in the shule. I saw plenty of people hyzering out into other holes fairways and having no problem with their second shot. This course would be significantly better if there were out of bounds that would define the holes that lay side to side and would reward accuracy as much as distance. I feel that every good course should be an equal combination of distance and accuracy.

Way too many blind holes. If I recall correctly there are only 3 holes whose pins are visable from the tee. The shule is crazy thick and if you are not playing with spotters you have a legitimate chance of losing a disc on every single hole. The time required for locating discs significantly increases how long the round takes to play. You should be ready to lose a disc when playing this course. I would suggest having doubles of your important discs in your bag.

Some holes on this course have incredibly low scoring variances. Hole 18 is a great example, almost every one with a 250' drive will take a 3 on it. It is extremely hard to get a 2 or a 4. Another is hole 4. It is just shy of impossible to get a drive into the circle but not far enough to create a lot of 4's. Every one hits the guardian trees on their drive, lays up the second shot and pars out.

Can too much elevation be a con? It really seems like on every hole you are throwing up or down a hill off the tee.

I realize that this is a temp course but there are no amenaties on the course. No benches, garbage cans, water or bathrooms.

Other Thoughts: I only played this course during the 2010 AM Nationals and I was just slightly dissapointed after I played my first round. After hearing all the hype about this course and reading previous reviews I was just expecting something more. I think if I would have just played a casual round on this course I would have scored it higher because of difficulty but after 3 straight days of playing and watching others play, the faults of this course started to stand out a lot more.

I really enjoyed playing this course. I throw a pretty good RHFH so the course felt geared to me personally. Also I benefitted from having spotters on every hole as well as snacks and water spread around the course. The tournament itself was an amazing experience and all the local guys playing and helping were awesome. I just think there are some changes that could be made to the course that would improve it. OB has to be added to the course. On hole number 1 I saw a few people shank a drive almost 300' left of the hole across hole 17's fairway and since they had pretty good arms they were able to get an upshot near the basket and still take three's. I witnessed the same type of action on holes 3, 7, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17 and 18. That is way too much forgiveness of bad drives.

I really dig the fact that this course is temporary. It gives it a little bit of an exclusive feel. I have already qualified for the 2011 Am Nationals and I am already planning on giving this course another go. Maybe next year some changes might be made and I can edit my rating.

Loved the Tournament and the course was pretty good.

Wow.

2-4    6/5/2010   6/6/2010
Review By: wicket06
Pros: Outrageous drops, Lengthy holes, forces you to use a variety of shots, very hilly, absolutely incredible. I have played here a few times over the past two years and its amazing how difficult and exciting this course is. This has to be one of the best if not the best course in Michigan. People who dont have a variety of shots or those who have short drives, beware!
Cons: Temporary

< Prev 1 2 3