Matthews, NC
Squirrel Lake Park Share
Uploaded By: YonderScott Hole #9 (Taken 2/2009)
#9 Tee

trees trees and more trees... pro only to shoot par

1    11/26/2010   11/27/2010
Review By: mcannon246
This review was updated on 12/5/2010
Pros: lots of scenery and lots of squirrel's. if you like hard you got it. if your highly skilled and you want to put your self if a challenge you got it.
Cons: trees trees and more trees. Ive never played in a course quite like this. If your good at a hammer throw then maybe you will like this course. this is not a friendly beginner course well its not a very friendly intermediate course either. the fairways are super tight. the only ones that would be able to play this course are super pros with highly accurate.
Other Thoughts: I think every time i threw it hit a tree. and thank god it was only 12 holes

Thumbs down. But there's great potential here.

1    1/19/2010   2/3/2010
Review By: ReedyCreekProduct
Pros: Set in the woods (and near neighborhoods). I imagine it's very shaded in summer. And there's definitely some challenge here.
Cons: I don't think there are enough well-defined fairways. I found there to be too many holes where I was just throwing into a mishmash of trees. I had to do way too many "Hammer" throws instead of the backhand and side-armed throws that I associate with disc golf.

Also, even though there were a lot of trees, some of the fairways were laid out in a way that a player could easily be hit by another player at a different hole. Keep in mind that I played it in Winter with no leaves.

Speaking of leaves, I cannot imagine how challenging this course would have been with them. And I mean "challenging" in a negative way.
Other Thoughts: Great potential here. I love playing in the shade. And I like to see courses within walking distance of housing.

Strategically eliminate a few trees to create a few more well-defined fairways.

Do something to counter the potential for players to get hit by discs from other fairways. Maybe convert it to a 9-hole course or make a couple of the holes shorter for better spacing.