Browns Valley, CA
Hammon Grove Park Share
Uploaded By: renotahoedg Hole #7 (Taken 12/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Great 9 hole course

1    3/11/2010   3/11/2010
Review By: cjskier
Pros: -Great use of the space provided.
-Interesting and challenging topography.
-Good mix of shots
-Nice cement tee-pads.
-Decent challenge for 9 holes, as most 9 hole courses are short and easy.
-Very low traffic course.
Cons: -Poor tee signs, only info on the tee signs it the hole number.
-Tee-pads for holes 1 and 9 are set on an up slope, not level.
-Semi-confusing to find the next hole, but not impossible.
-LOTS of poison oak threw out the course.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course, especially for a 9 hole course. It is set over an old mining area, so there is some crazy topography changes. I really like how the course is laid out around the drop offs. Be careful of Poison oak and Rattlesnakes. Please be very cautions of smoking on the course in summer, very high fire danger.

I think this course should have a rating of about a 3.5 to 3.7, despite being only 9 holes.

Perfect Finish for the Hwy 20 Trifecta

1    12/14/2009   12/15/2009
Review By: renotahoedg
Pros: Fun, challenging topography
Concrete tee pads
Some signage
Quiet, had the course to myself
Close to Penn Valley and Grass Valley, so you can play all three in one day.
Shorter and more technical, as opposed to open and long, which suits my wimpy arm.
Cons: Signage could use some improvement.
Only one basket placement per hole.
It is a great 9-holer, but one can always hope for 18
Other Thoughts: This is the best 9 hole course that I've played. I had a great time and loved the use of elevation and available obstacles.

I don't think they'll ever get 18 in the available land, so it will struggle for players due to the proximity of Penn Valley and Grass Valley. But, that's ok. I enjoyed having it to myself.

Great Winter Course

2-4    2/15/2009   2/15/2009
Review By: Decoski
Pros: *Close to my home (Yuba City).
*Varied and interesting elevation changes.
*Close to the Yuba River access (fly fishing).
*Great for winter (poison oak and rattlesnakes absent).
*Fun to play with a variety of creative shots.
*For the most part, course is well laid out. We didn't have any problem finding out where to go on each hole.
Cons: Just getting my taste for it and then it is over! Hopefully, this can be expanded to an 18 hole course with two big dogleg holes (a right and a left turn) and at least two more long shots and I will give the course at least a 4 rating. The current course has mostly straight shots and only one long shot. Baskets for holes 4 and 7 are too close together, but that is nitpicking. I will take the previous poster's advice seriously and will avoid the summer hazards of poison oak and rattlesnakes by making this my winter course. I think with more use, and groundskeeping, the poison oak problem can be mostly eradicated.
Other Thoughts: Great place to take your kids in the winter. My five year old son had a blast and keeps asking me to go back again.

Long pants please

1    10/26/2008   10/27/2008
Review By: J.Koeberlein
Pros: Best 9 hole course we've played. Short but very narrow paths to throw. If you hit them you're golden but if your just a little off left or right you could be in a 20ft deep pit or 'disk eating' bush.
Cons: The signs at the pads don't have distances or pin locations. Sometimes the next hole is hard to find. (We got lost after 6) On top of the poison oak and rattle snakes watch out for the star thistle. Long pants a definite must and bring mosquito spray or wipes.
Other Thoughts: We talked to the ground keeper and he said that they were going clear the paths a bit better and finish the signs. Nice views nice course the Turkey Vultures fly so low you can hear the wind in their feathers!

Poison Oak Alley

5+    7/2/2008   7/3/2008
Review By: nick95901
This review was updated on 3/4/2009
Pros: A little challenging but not too bad. Each tee had a sign to let you know where about the holes were. Just not the distance of them. Close to the Yuba River.
Cons: A lot of poison oak so watch out. It is RATTLESNAKE COUNTRY. Seen one while playing. So be carefull and watch your step.
Other Thoughts: Not too bad of a course. Might be a good one to play during the winter months.

Rattlesnake country

4/15/2008   4/15/2008
Review By: kevin
Pros: Little quite area with a decent view.
Cons: Takes a while to figure out the course, they do not label it very well. The course is not set up very well to be user friendly, so aim good.

1 2 Next >