Fort Worth, TX
Greenbriar Community Center Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #2 (Taken 1/2009)

Pretty Nice

1    8/5/2012   8/5/2012
Review By: JeremyKShort
Pros: Very good use of trees. Uses elevation well, and puts the creek and lake into play. Several holes where your tee drive has to go through and under trees (5 being a good example). 13 and 14 are very unique and in interesting places around the creek. A number of the baskets are elevated, making them a bit more unique.
Cons: The layout can be very difficult to navigate, you absolutely need to bring a map with you. There is no signage outside of 1 and the course sign (I cannot understand why they go to the trouble to make a nice course with nice tee pads and don't throw in the extra few $ to put in signs). The western edge of the property borders some part of town that's not the best. I was half-way scared that someone was living under the bridge that's near hole 8. There isn't a whole lot of shade during the summer, so be prepared.
Other Thoughts: There are some fences you can throw over. Some of them border FWPD property, but others (around holes 14 -17) border a FEMA depot, which is federal property. This should be common sense, but going onto the fed property is big time bad news. They've got a phone # posted on the fence to call, please just do that.

This ain't no country club.

5+    12/31/2011   12/31/2011
Review By: cosmic womb
Pros: Another course to play, baskets to throw at. I have a hard time complaining about something that is free and without the hard work of an individual to make the best and turn nothing into something, wouldn't exist.
Cons: People complaining without knowledge of how a course was put in or who worked hard to see more baskets go in the ground even though the land available was ok at best. This isn't a country club.
Other Thoughts: When things like the lack of trees is brought up, don't be stupid, want more trees go buy some and plant them yourself or shut up. Fort Worth didn't do squat IOM did it.

Don't be so hard on this place

5+    3/11/2010   3/12/2010
Review By: CTRobuck
This review was updated on 3/13/2010
Pros: This place is the spot if you need to get a quick fix. There is hardly ever any one out here. This makes this one of my more frequented spots.

I know it is not that challenging to some because there are no trees, but go try to play it in the WIND!!!!!! It's set up like a links course, like in regular Golf. There are no trees but you battle winds, but there are a few holes, mainly on the back, that bring trees and a bit of elevation into play.

I feel that Ft Worth will keep improving this place, and it will become a more popular disc site.

BTW, played yesterday glad to see the baskets on 2 and 4 back!!!!!! Although too bad about the gripey fisherman, I liked 18 over the water!!!!!
Cons: *Not alot of trees

*Can get monotinous (I reccomend swithching tee boxes on different holes, you know, to mix it up)

*Holds water after BIG rains

*Can gobble up discs with water and OB

*No maps and signs incomplete (this isn't a big deal to me, seeing as how I play here 2 or 3 times a week. I do, however, see how it could be tough for a newbie to navigate around)
Other Thoughts: All in all, I enjoy playing here. Like I said you can go 45 minutes before dusk and finish, well as long as you don't play a 5 or 6 some!!!

Also seems to have good locals, I guess I am one of 'em, I had lost a disc a few weeks back and the other day got a call from the guy who found it. Thanks for getting my Starfire back to me!!! I always return to places where there are good people!!!!