Layout Extinct

Broomfield, CO
East Interlocken Park - Old Layout Share
Uploaded By: TheBrownZombie Hole #9 (Taken 5/2011)

Make up your own course

1    7/19/2009   10/5/2009
Review By: Olorin
Pros: It was very difficult to find the course because of poor directions, but when I first saw the well maintained little park it seemed to have lots of promise. There are some nice Mach III baskets among old eucalyptus trees, a stream with cat tails, and a nice hill with some elevation change. There's also a big open soccer type field and a nice concrete irrigation canal but...
Cons: …There are no permanent tees! Someone has made marks on some of the sidewalks, but these are often very hard to find. I wonder if somebody in Broomfield thinks you don't need tees? (The nearby course at North Midway Park doesn't have any tees either.) Some local players told me that there were 20 holes that could be played, but I could only find 6 tees marked. The first 4 holes are hard to navigate. I don't think I would have ever found the marks for the 1st tee if a local hadn't shown me. The rest of the course is horrendous to navigate. Tee 5 is very hard to find because you have a long walk on the other side of creek to get to it. Then tee 6 is a huge long walk of at least 600 ft from basket 5. I never could find any markings for tees 7-9.
[NOTE: After I played there, a map with 19 holes was posted at DiscGolfCourseReview.com. I don't know it this an "official" course, though, or just someone's version of how to play there. Some of the holes on the map are different from what the local players I met showed me.]
-Since there are no tees there are no signs and no hole lengths. Except for the cryptic sidewalk markings there aren't really even set fairways that I could find.
-There are no amenities such as score cards, warm up basket, or message board.
Other Thoughts: Course Level = I guess it's White (most suited for Intermediate players rated 875-925), but without tees and hole lengths there's really no way to say for sure.

Without tees it was incredibly frustrating, and as Harold Duvall says, "Frustration Foils Fun". I had lots of frustration and only a little fun. This course desperately needs permanent tees. Personally, I think that courses without tees are a waste of time. It feels like you're just making up a course. After I gave up trying to find tees 7, 8, & 9 I left in frustration thinking, "what a waste of potential!" Play it if you don't mind making up a safari course, but I won't go back until they get some well marked tees.

NOTE: Look in the "Links/Files" section for my file with a more detailed Overall review. You can also read more of my reviews and rating notes at the Yahoo Group, DG Course Reviews