Lynnville, IN
Pemberton DGC Share

Private Course, awesome setting

2-4    8/12/2006   3/12/2010
Review By: skottyb
Pros: Pemberton's course is located at the Pemberton's house, go figure right. It is a nice 18 hole course that uses the elevation nicely, It is located around some old mining pits that are full of water. Baskets were constructed by a family member and they are very nice. The chains are plastic, but if you know the cost of real chains you will understand. The course offers a variety of hyzer, anhyzer, tomahawk, and fast putt scenarios. It has been quite some time since I have played the course so I am sure it has changed. There is a lot of open field shots, as well as an over the water shot, and over a big valley shot. They added a hole in the woods last time which was my favorite on the course.
Cons: It's private, haha I am sure if you give him a call he wouldn't mind if you played. Not sure what kind of condition its in. Obviously plastic chains don't give you the ching! sound that you want to hear but its still very very nice. The configuration at the time did use some of the baskets twice, can't blame them again as this saves on cost. If you get one in the water don't plan on getting it back.
Other Thoughts: The whole Pemberton family is nice as can be, I haven't seen them in awhile but they were always kind and generous folk. They generally have a doubles tournament and a fish fry in the summer, I haven't been able to make it the last few years but I definitely want to get up there again. When I do I will post an updated review on the course.