Muncie, IN
McCulloch DGC Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #2 (Taken 8/2010)

2-4    7/9/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: DiscGolfFreak
Pros: Very good course for airing out some bombs. Good signage and tee pads. Map at hole one. Many mature trees adding to the challenge and making many shots more technical. Makes good use of much of the park. Not very busy each time I have been there. Alternate pin placements making it play completely different from time to time. There is a pavilion and grill at hole #1
Cons: No restrooms or drinking fountains. Hard to find some of the tee stations the first time I played. Could use signs after pins to direct to the next hole. There are a couple of holes that are very difficult to par. Every hole is listed as a par 3 whether it is 200 feet or 600 feet. Some alternate pin placements angle way off of tee station, making for difficult first throws (ie hole #2).
Other Thoughts: Overall a fun course to play and worth going out of the way to get there.

A long challenging course

1    12/12/2010   12/12/2010
Review By: Chainrattler
This review was updated on 1/31/2011
Pros: A good course for getting exercise because you walk alot of distance. A very wide area course that takes up alot of the land of the park.
Cons: My opinion is that alot of the holes are similar in character. It felt redundant to me.

Strong Arm Course

2-4    5/30/2010   7/24/2010
Review By: chuckdisc
Pros:

- A map of the course layout by the pavillion.
- The course is covered in trees spaced out enough to offer shade, but not really hinder your shot.
- A couple of uphill shots, #7 and #10.
- The fairway on hole #8 is narrow and lined with trees, making for a more technical shot.
- A nice downhill shot on hole #14.
- Cement tee pads at every hole with tee signs showing basket location, distance, and par.
Cons:
- Park is by a wastewater treatment plant so it had a bad smell by hole #3.
- A few holes seemed too similar, long straight shots.
I always like a free course! You can find your way around better if you look at the course map before you begin. A creek runs alongside hole #3 and hole #4, but doesn't really come into play unless you have a bad shot.

Two for One!?

2-4    4/19/2010   4/20/2010
Review By: Matthew boals
This review was updated on 5/7/2011
Pros: •VERY Active Club(s). Munciediscgolfclub.com,Ball state DGC.see "Other Thoughts" for more info •Pavilion with plenty of tables,Painted course map with club information on back. •New Color Tee signs! Showing Alt. Pin placements. •Great baskets,I believe Mach V,with mulch around each one,even the Alt. Placements. •Concrete tees,with mulch around each one. •Plenty of trash cans & Benches (now on #4,8,12). •Length From both tees,see "Other Thoughts" •Open with mature trees,no underbrush. •A few low canopy fairways. •Loop layout. •All holes have Alt. Pin placements
Cons: •No underbrush-bad throws not really punished. •Concrete only on pro/long tees,could be a little short for some. •No bathroom,Port-a-let at parking lot?"natures bathroom" after #6 basket? •Benches; On #1 and #2 tees? My .02 move one to #6 and, I believe #14 after the soapbox derby hill. • Directional signs ON baskets,below the basket would be a HUGE plus! Especially crossing the roads and finding the tee for #14.
Other Thoughts: Let me tell you that my drives are 250 +,-. My approach is the strongest part of my game. Putting is only good for 40 feet or so. Just to let you know where I'm coming from in my review. I first played here about a week after it was in the ground a few years back. I've played here once a year since then and the only reason,I believe,this PARK is not being neglected is the VERY active DGC (Munciediscgolfclub.com). I know the only reason why the COURSE has improved so much is the Locals DOING the work,not the parks dept.,other than cutting the grass. If you only have the time for 9 make sure it's the back,more interesting than the front 9. I played the pro tees and it really pushed me on all of my throws. If I played the Amateur tees it would have just as fun and would have made par with a few birdies. So take your pick; ego boost or push yourself! I'll play again later this summer to see what the club has improved. Definitely a "Must Play",if your in the area and have a few hours in your day. It took me 15/20 minutes from I-69 got get to the course and 75 minutes to play all 18 from the Pro tees.

Best course in my area!

5+    5/22/2010   8/29/2009
Review By: numbernine
This review was updated on 5/26/2010
Pros: I feel like I need to go back and revist all of my reviews. So as this is my home course, I will start here:

- Concrete pads on every hole. All of the pads are also in good shape and with the new mulch in place around them, they stay relatively mud free. This is especially good in the wetter months.
- A+ quality baskets. I'm not a %100 sure, but I think that all of the baskets are newer Mach IV's, but I could be mistaken. Whatever the case, they are only a couple of years old and still grab very fairly.
- Some very interesting, different shots. Everyone that I play with from out of town comments on how cool it is to have so much variety on one course. Downhill, uphill, straight away with some trouble, etc.
- Good signage on each hole and a map of the course when you start out on #1. I've been to loads of courses that didn't have anything, and they are nearly impossible to play. At mccullough, there should be no question as to where your next shot is.
- good mix of long and shorter type shots. Some 220 foot holes, with a few 500+ holes in there. #6 is long but fair and requires some thought on your upshot.
- different basket locations on most holes. this makes it fun when you go out and you have to try for the new pin spot.
- great community involved. http://www.munciediscgolf.com / has really worked hard to get this course up and running and has done a great job. only two years in and we have had a few tourneys and we always have a good league turnout.
- safari course! if you get bored with the regular 18, you can go find the markers in the ground and play the safari course. this is super fun.
Cons: - No bathrooms on the course. You can wander through the park and find somewhere to go, but it'd be nice to have a port-o-let or something to hit at the turn. 1 and 10 are close, so it'd make sense to slap it there.
- not a lot of tech shots. this is a "grip it and rip it" type of course. I guess some people would see that as a negative.
- could use a couple of "this way to the next tees " signs from the baskets. you'll find the next tee, but it might take a second.
Other Thoughts: it's obvious that the designers put a lot of thought into this course. The layout is logical and flows nicely.
there is talk of adding 9 more holes and I think that this would make McCullough a legit 4.5 course, as these holes are set to be very tech in nature.
Go play!