Muncie, IN
McCulloch DGC Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #16 (Taken 8/2010)

Funcie

5+    9/7/2009   9/8/2009
Review By: glassman
Pros: This course has a great variety of shots. While some are very long and difficult, there are also a few holes that should be easy birdie opportunities. This makes the course entertaining for beginners and pros alike. I really enjoy how the whole course plays through mature growth trees. This gives you some leeway on shot selection and does not harshly punish an errant shot. It also gives the course ample shade on hot sunny days. hole 14 plays down a hill next to a soap box derby track and is amazing to play every time. This course is well marked as long as you pay attention to the tee signs. They tell you where the baskets are and where the next tee is in relation to it.
Cons: Part of the course plays next to a small stream. I appreciate the fact that this adds to the challenge of the course it is a pain in the ass to retrieve discs from it. also part of the course plays close to a waste water building. So as you can imagine, it does not smell so good at times. Some holes have a long walk from the pin to the next tee. This would make navigation difficult for first time players.
Other Thoughts: I played this course when it was brand new and to have played it occasionally since then is a lot of fun. They keep adding new things such as a hand painted course map by the pavilion, benches, and new pin placements. This course just keeps getting better.

Phenomenal

1    7/19/2009   7/20/2009
Review By: heywillard90
This review was updated on 1/17/2011
Pros: Great distance- mostly in the 300's and up.

Oustanding Layout- So much room in the park, all holes require you to shoot through some arrangement of trees.

Fantastic Park- One of the most beautiful parks I have ever been in. Well landscaped with giant trees. Reminds me of why it is great to live in a small town.

Navigation- For a first time playing at this course, as long as you concentrate you will follow the layout in order
Cons: Navigation- this pro is also a con because I missed a hole, but who cares you will figure it out eventually.

Hazard- A small stream plays along some long holes, but it is shallow so you could get your disc back.
Other Thoughts: Perhaps the best course I have played thus far. I have not played that many courses in my career so far but I cant think of many ways this course could be improved on. I drove from Anderson to get here because it was the closest course in the area, which was thirty minutes. If I was in Indianapolis I still would have made this trip. I would come down to central Indiana more often just to get back to this course, maybe even apply to Ball state.