Muncie, IN
McCulloch DGC Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #3 (Taken 8/2010)

1 2 Next >
 many challenges

1    7/30/2009   8/6/2009
Review By: sdervan
Pros: very long.
- hole 15 was on a giant hill and it made the approach shot a welcomed challenge.
- tested distance and shot placement with arragement of trees.
Cons: not marked out that well. almost missed two holes
Other Thoughts: i'd play it again but not my favorite in the area.

Phenomenal

1    7/19/2009   7/20/2009
Review By: heywillard90
This review was updated on 1/17/2011
Pros: Great distance- mostly in the 300's and up.

Oustanding Layout- So much room in the park, all holes require you to shoot through some arrangement of trees.

Fantastic Park- One of the most beautiful parks I have ever been in. Well landscaped with giant trees. Reminds me of why it is great to live in a small town.

Navigation- For a first time playing at this course, as long as you concentrate you will follow the layout in order
Cons: Navigation- this pro is also a con because I missed a hole, but who cares you will figure it out eventually.

Hazard- A small stream plays along some long holes, but it is shallow so you could get your disc back.
Other Thoughts: Perhaps the best course I have played thus far. I have not played that many courses in my career so far but I cant think of many ways this course could be improved on. I drove from Anderson to get here because it was the closest course in the area, which was thirty minutes. If I was in Indianapolis I still would have made this trip. I would come down to central Indiana more often just to get back to this course, maybe even apply to Ball state.

Nice course

1    4/12/2009   4/12/2009
Review By: DOGvsRAPTOR
This review was updated on 9/30/2010
Pros: The guys from www.munciediscgolf.com do a great job doing up keep on the course, along with periodically changing basket locations. I find the course to be really easy to navigate, with nice signs, and good people to play with.
Cons: The creek / river sucks on three and four. Lack of trashcans, but I believe that will be taken care of soon.
Other Thoughts: Great course, designed by Indianapolis Pro Jerry Suiter. Nice long holes mixed with some tougher shorter holes. Hole 14 is probably the hole that most people would remember. I believe its between 430-450ft downhill with trees lining the fairway. Keep up the good work Muncie guys.

www.munciediscgolf.com

****edit****

This course continues to improve. The Club guys are in the process of having alternate sleeves for every hole. This is a great course if you are between Fort Wayne and Indy and want to throw. Check out their site for more information.

Long and Fun

2-4    1/21/2009   1/21/2009
Review By: zud00
This review was updated on 7/26/2010
Pros: Nice signage, multiple pin placements, nice tee pads (alternate natural tees for shorter distances), good variety of holes, course returns to parking lot after 9th and 18th hole, nice use of elevation change.
Cons: Trash cans are few and far between, no benches, long walks between holes, restrooms are on opposite side of park.
Other Thoughts: This course offers a bit for everyone ranging from very long open holes to shorter holes with mature trees. The park is covered with very tall mature trees, which are spaced throughout the park so that they are not so much of a nusiance as they are on other courses I have been to.

Holes 3-6 play along a creek that may come into play with an errant shot.

There were many holes with long walks from the basket to the next tee pad. It makes it difficult for a first timer to naviagate the course.

On one hole, you get to launch a bomb from the top of a hill. Many of the holes allow you to rip into the drive going for maximum distance. There were only a few trees that you really have to avoid.

I really enjoyed the design of this course and appreciated it more the second time I played. The cons that I listed kept me from giving it a 4. If I would rate the course soley on design, I would give it a 4.

***Edit***
A very active club has done a great job with this course. Many new pin positions and the grounds are very well taken care of. The course is in the process of having 2 set-ups. I am bumping my rating up from a 3.5 to a 4:).

Enjoyed the course

1    6/18/2008   6/18/2008
Review By: edge3281
This review was updated on 9/19/2008
Pros: Course is brand new. There are alternate pin locations and the holes have nice signs showing where the baskets are as well as where the next tee off is located. There is some elevations changes that are nice. One hole you throw down a hill only to turn around on the next hole and play back up it. Also there is one hole that the basket is right at the edge of a large hill. You over shoot it and roll forever, which adds to the difficulty of the course.
Cons: I felt like I had to walk a good distance between most holes and they could have used the space to get a few more holes in. Two holes run next to a river that you can easily loose a disc in. This adds to the challenge of the course but with a very steep bank and very tall grass on the bank you might as well forget any disc that goes in there and you don't see exactly where it went in.
Other Thoughts: The course is designed so that you can play the front 9 or back 9 and start and finish at the parking lot. This makes it very nice if you don't have time for a full round or try to squeeze in some extra holes before you leave. I have played this course a few times now and I enjoy it more every time I play it.

1 2 Next >