Troutdale, OR
Dabney State Park Share
Uploaded By: didy22 Hole #10 (Taken 7/2009)
Hole #10 Approach

i lost my virginity to the game on this course

1    4/13/2008   11/23/2008
Review By: Matt aka N.G.S.P.
Pros: Challenging course. Beautiful scenery and friendly people. Concrete tee boxes w/ well maintained baskets. Wooded areas and diverse terrain elevations/obstacles. Great workout for both your body and the playability of your game. Some benches provided for resting. And a clean park overall.
Cons: if I recall correctly one of the holes runs along an adjacent hole and if you shank it to the the left it is hard to recover the disk if lost (being time spent as you play 2-3 holes before getting to that area located down side of the cliff covered in blackberry bushes).

Not really crowded but the locals there are extremely talented and you should let them play through… if you are a beginner or in a big group.

Other Thoughts: This was my very 1st course/game of DG that I played… after not knowing what I was doing it really got me hooked into the sport as I learned along the way throughout the course . I've been playing almost daily since my experience at this wonderful course. And I can't wait to get back to it and play it again but it's a tad far for me to drive to from Beaverton. I highly recommend you play it if advanced and if you are a virgin like I was to the park skip past the pond unless you wanna go swimming ;)

Amazing

7/30/2004   7/30/2007
Review By: innovaetor
Pros: I can't say anything bad, ok maybe a little, but man is this a nice course. It starts with beautiful t-signs and benches, and then you start playing. The front 9 is relativly open with small trees, a pond and blackberry bushes to challenge your accuracy. Then the back 9 goes into the woods and 4 or 5 holes skirt along a nasty gorge that will cost you some strokes if you can't stay out of it. Wow, now I wish I was in Oregon.
Cons: You might lose a disc, but if that is going to stop you......I know where there is a shuffleboard court you can play on, I'm sure the old folks will teach you how to play.