Hendersonville, TN
Hole #15B Tee Sign

Great all-round Course

1    9/29/2014   9/29/2014
Review By: TN Transplant
Pros: Open course, Water to throw over was nice, Both short and long holes really helped me work on my game. Easy to get around with good signs.
Cons: Grass was tall, older baskets, non golfers could get into play
Other Thoughts: As others have said, it is a great course to work on your game.

Awesome

1    10/17/2012   10/17/2012
Review By: Spinefarm
Pros: Super easy to follow layout, great signage.

Front 9 are fairly easy but super fun.
Back 9 are harder but still a lot of fun with water options.

Great place for starters and experienced players alike.

Lake access for arriving/leaving on boat, fishing and swimming.

Pavilions with cooking stations, great bathrooms and a good water fountain.

Nice practice basket with trees to putt around if you choose. Also can hop over to hole 10 and practice mid-range and putts if the practice hole is congested.

Easy to play the front 9 twice through without blowing your arm out.

Front 9 offers a 0.03% chance to lose a disc.
Cons: Front 9 although fun, poses little challenge for seasoned players.

Park can be crowded at times which most non-dedicated courses can be.

Some of the alternate pin locations take the great away from the holes.
Other Thoughts: One of my favorite places to play. Fun course even though the newer drivers have outgrown it. Great for casual play since you can have a cookout, go swimming/boating/fishing or fly model airplanes in between play. I highly recommend this course!

Fun Course

2-4    8/1/2010   8/11/2010
Review By: JBrew04
Pros: This is a good course for beginners like myself. Most holes are very open, so you won't have to worry about losing discs, except for the water holes (get it across or it's gone... not too difficult though). And there are many long holes that allow you to rip it off the tees. This was my first real course (I've played a bunch on an easy homemade 9-hole course) and it was a great 1st course for me.
Cons: I've played it twice now, and the first time it wasn't very crowded (on a Friday evening around 5:00). The second time though (on a Sunday afternoon around 2:00), the course was very crowded. I was by myself, so groups let me go ahead of them, but there were about 3 or 4 groups that let me pass. I had to wait on the first 3 or 4 holes. Also, some of the tee positions have changed and aren't marked very well. I questioned some of the pars based on where the baskets were.
Other Thoughts: Fun first course. Again, very open, long holes. Watch out for the water! Nice touch. :)

Beautiful course!

5+    8/13/2010   8/3/2010
Review By: johnnyfoodstamp
This review was updated on 8/18/2010
Pros: Front and back 9 separated by bathrooms and one very warm but delicious water fountain. Nice signage w/ distance and pars listed. Nice place off of hole 11 by the water to take a smoke break. Hole 14 is a sweet over the water shot that makes me feel good. Nice concrete tee pads.
Cons: D-bags park on the fairway for hole 13/14/15/16/17.
Tee Signs missing for 7 & 8 after flood in April. (bummer)
Kids play in Hole 18 fairway on nice days.
Hole 16 doesn't flow right in the course design.
Other Thoughts: I play this course a lot as Cloud 9 pro shop is located conveniently nearby. Great course!

Tons of Fun

1    6/6/2009   6/7/2009
Review By: brettmartin
Pros: I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I am staying here for the summer in Madison, TN so I have only played at Cedar Hill Park. I went out and played by myself and this place is gorgeous.

There were a decent amount of people playing and I loved how open the park was. Lots of flat areas with not many hazards so that you won't be in fear of losing your discs.

I loved how on two holes, you had to throw over bodies of water. The bodies of water are very easy to throw over if you are somewhat decent, but it made it tons of fun.
Cons: Lots of people around on pavilions and fishing that don't seem to really be in touch with being on a disc golf course. When I went to shoot on, I believe hole 14 with the first water shot, fishers were on the concrete. I introduced them to disc golf and they loved watching me throw over water. My shot landed nicely but hit some fishers across the water who were not in reality with disc golf.

Other Thoughts: Beautiful course. One of my favorites of all time because of the water and I have played tons.

Length & Accuracy with a Lakeview

1    6/6/2008   12/6/2008
Review By: SimonCarr
This review was updated on 1/1/2009
Pros: Sanders Ferry park is a well kept park on the edge of the lake in Hendersonville, TN.

This course requires distance and accuracy to score well. Many of the holes have multiple basket and teepad options. This is a huge asset, as there are some very challenging layout possibilities. Some pins have 4 or 5 locations, with the longer positions playing between 400 and 500 feet. Playing from the pro pads with the long placements will add up to scores in the 60's.

The course uses fairly new Discatcher baskets, with a practice basket located 30 feet from the parking lot. There is a map of the front 9 located at the first teepad. Alternatively, there is another 9 hole map located on the 10th teepad. The grass is consistently kept very short, making it perfect for throwing rollers. OB comes into play on 7 or 8 holes, with a road meandering through the course and the lake coming into play on the back 9.
Cons: I don't have any real problems with this park, except that it can get very crowded in the summer. There is a playground/picnic area and several pavillions throughout that can attract a crowd.

Hole 8 and Hole 9 feel a little open with no real obstacles. Although they require good distance, the wind is the only thing to take into account.

The wind at this course can be brutal, with gusts up to 25 or 30 mph near the lake. Accuracy is important on the water holes if you want to stay dry.
Other Thoughts: This is a very enjoyable course that will test many areas of your game. The course requires length, accuracy and the ability to hold your line in strong winds. The front 9 is nice, but the back 9 is phenomenal, with more elevation and more technical shots. 4 of the holes on the back 9 play around or over water.

This course is on par with Cedar Hill in terms of challenge. I would say this course is in the top 3 or 4 courses in the greater Nashville area. It is a nice change from the other courses, as it plays very long and across gently rolling hills.

I would recommend this course to players of all levels. If you are coming to Nashville and can play only 1 course, go to Cedar Hill. If you have anything left after that one, this is a nice change of pace.

Scenic Course On The Lake!

1    8/13/2008   8/17/2008
This review was updated on 11/13/2008
Pros: The setting is flat out beautiful with Lake Hickory often in view. Gently rolling hills are great for some big air throws. The course is very well signed. It has these clever little A-B-C buttons on the poles to tell you which position the baskets are in. Saves times walking up the fairway trying to find out yourself. The teepads are good, there's restroom facitlities. I played early in the morning so there were only a few people in the park. You're playing on mowed grass which is always nice. There are throws over water and both have alternate pads if you don't want to risk splashing your favorite. I like having that option.
Cons: There were two designs flaws which I wasn't exactly thrilled with. # 11 throws down a fairly narrow fairway with rough on the right side and the incoming park traffic on the left. Hopefully, there isn't really enough traffic to make that a problem. And # 16 throws 400' towards the lake, which is fine. But then you have to walk back up the same fairway to get to # 17. With all the room available here, it seems this could be fixed.
Other Thoughts: The course is fairly easy at times, open with many holes birdable. But even professional golfers sometimes shoot 12 under par. I'd love to have this course in my area. But then, I'd just love to take these gently, rolling Tennessee hills home. They're perfect for disc golf courses!

3/14/2008   3/14/2008
Review By: gwillim
Pros:
-Excellent Teepads
-Excellent Signage
-Decent baskets (eventhough I don't care for Disccatchers, personally)
-Tee shots are very fun with nice mix of distance and elevation
-Park is maintained very well
-Multiple pin placements add variety
-Just beautiful
-Restrooms available onsite
-Never crowded (at least when I've played it)
-Course design is planned well to use the trees appropriately, rather than haphazardly.
Cons:
-None really, my only complaint was that I played it in mid spring, and didn't bring any bug spray. Huge mosquitoes swarmed me pretty badly for about 5 holes!
Sander's Ferry is a beautiful course. It's got some great "big arm" pumps, as well as a few, more technical shots, with OBs coming into play on a few holes. There is one shot where you shoot directly over the water, and that's always a blast!
I love going to Sander's Ferry and playing a few rounds when I'm in the area, which is about once a year. I'd suggest anyone passing through Nashville to take the 15-20 minutes and drive up to Hendersonville and shoot a round or two at Sander's Ferry, you won't be disappointed.

P.S. The course bears an odd resemblance to La Mirada. Most likely with the slight rolling hills and such, but it reminds me of LaMa quite a bit when I play it.