Jefferson City, TN
Carson-Newman College DGC Share
Uploaded By: wesford Hole #5 (Taken 5/2011)
Hole #5/#14 Basket

Wish I Hadn't Hit THAT

1    4/22/2011   4/22/2011
Review By: swatso
Pros:
Throwing through a tunnel created by a pedestrian overpass was kinda unique.
Cons:
Many obstacles man-made, or mankind itself
Course plays throughout the sparsely tree-populated green spaces separating red-brick buildings of a small college campus. While the trees vary greatly in size (large, majestic hardwoods, small flowering trees), all the buildings are huge. The corner or length of a building will potentially come into play on many holes. Pedestrian walkways will be thrown over on practically every hole - and a couple holes are blind from the tee. Streets, benches, lampposts also nearby on a few holes.

Despite the mis-numbering, the on-line map was quite useful in navigating the two-tee/single-basket course. Managed to find about half the actual in-ground tee markers, and was able to roughly determine the other tee locations.

There was actually a decent amount of variety in distance, up/down/cross slope or flat, and turn-types needed from the tee locations. Definite glow/safari possibilties. Don't plan on playing when any students are milling about the open spaces.

If it's your only option

1    5/16/2008   11/26/2008
Review By: jettaria
Pros: nice baskets
Cons: no tee pads
no signs
Other Thoughts: I played this out of curiosity. It flows through Carson Newman College campus, which is a decent campus, but no one knew anything about the course we asked everyone that we saw about the layout and everyone was oblivious to the fact that they even had a course. Anyway we trodded off on our own determined to play. the tee pads are natural grass marked by a brick in the ground. we found 2 bricks the whole time, so we basically made our own tee pads. Because this is on campus, you have to watch for people...and cars...and buildings. I almost hit all three. Did i mention street signs? I did hit one of those. Now maybe that is indicative of my skills, but I'm not exactly a beginner. Those of you who are adventurous and just want a change of scenery, have at it. Otherwise I would venture elsewhere.