Ringgold, GA
Uploaded By: Bensontbjj Hole #3

Too short

2-4    5/24/2014   5/18/2014
Review By: carpan09
Pros: 1. Nice clean course
2. You can finish in 20 minutes
3. Almost no places to lose discs
4. open with 3 wooded holes
5. occasional shade
Cons: 1. All par 3s
2. Crowded
3. people walking around the track constantly
Other Thoughts: Good although short course that is in a good area and is woth it if you are in the Chattanooga area

Great Beginner Course

5+    11/5/2011   11/13/2011
Review By: Chigger Hamby
Pros: This is a great beginning course to work on some basic skills. Wide open holes, 3 wooded holes gives a good mix of shots required. Double chains on baskets, marker at tee tells feet to basket.
Cons: Hardly any, but if I had to list some:
Would like to see concrete tee pads and signs for each hole. No restrooms either. Would like to see a 2nd tee at each hole, there is room.
Other Thoughts: Go on a Saturday or Sunday and probably will see a few others out there. Midweek, will have it to yourself, untill the evening when folks get off work. I've picked up trash at baskets left by teens.(even though there are trash cans spread out on the course)

easy course

2-4    7/23/2011   7/23/2011
Review By: chrishank
Pros: Very easy course for beginers. I believe longest hole is around 300. A very easy to follow course, expecially since the pins point to next hole. My favorite hole would be the 3 in the woods. They are not very hard still being in the woods but definally beautiful with the wooden bridges. Its a rec center so there is a walking track you can walk on after playing if you like to walk.
Cons: In my opinion it is to easy of a course for people who played for a year or more. No teepads are concrete but still you can tell where they are at. No signs, but do have pipes with distance marked. I think you could improve this course by adding a second teepad to the holes making it longer shots for advaced players. Oh and no bathrooms!!! I thaught all rec centers had one.
Other Thoughts: A good course to go to for a family with little children, except for no bathrooms. But it is stroller friendly, the woods is a little rough but not bad. Plenty of birdie chances even for a beginer. A real confidence booster. :)

My Home Course

5+    11/26/2010   11/26/2010
Review By: .DLB.
This review was updated on 4/10/2012
Pros: •Easy to follow layout
•Beginner friendly
•Parking now always open at hole #1 Tee
•Some holes easily allow you to tee off from a farther position (un-marked long tees) for more of a challenge
•ChainStar baskets.
•Bench at hole #3 tee and #9 basket
•Trash cans at holes #1, #5 and #9
•Well maintained (grass is always mowed in summer)
•Good for a lunch time round
•Great location
•Always open, always free
Cons: •Not a lot of technical challenges on several holes
•Short holes. All are reachable in 1 drive.
•Noise from I-75 (visible from the course)
•Bathrooms not close by
•Not so much a con, but something to be aware of - This is a multi-use facility. A walking track is around the course, so use common sense when throwing.
Other Thoughts: Since I live so close to this course, I have played it easily in the hundreds of rounds. Even given its length and sometimes lack of challenge due to obstacles, it is still a blast to play. Here's a quick hole rundown.

#1 - Tee pad is elevated about ~10' above final basket elevation. Basket sits slightly off center to the right. Trees line both side of fairway with some branches that can easily be hit on either side if thrown too high.

#2 - Straight shot with fairway on about a +3' grade to pin. Pine trees just to right of basket make a late turning hyzer shot null.

#3 - Short, wide open hole that drops ~10' to basket. Wind can make it a tough hole.

#4 - Level from pad to basket, straight shot. Tree line sits about 15' in front of basket, but can be woven through in several lines.

#5 - A lot like hole 3, just a bit farther. Large pond if you throw to far right. Watch for wind.

#6 - 2nd longest and most drastic elevation change. Wide open, so you can throw whichever way you like. Wind can really carry discs on this one by the way it crosses.

#7 - Short and straight and you're in good shape. In the woods, so straighter is better.

#8 - A lot like #7. Between tee and basket is a pretty drastic gully, but no navigation issues.

#9 - Most challenging hole, but favors RHBH throwers. Several trees can play into factor.

I gave it a 3.5 rating because it is a great course that I play almost daily. You can hone your throwing skills and practice a variety of shots. This course is definitely worth stopping by if you are traveling through the area. 3 minutes off the interstate, and you can play 9 holes while the family stays asleep in the car! (Just leave a window cracked).

Nice course!

5+    1/30/2009   2/18/2009
Review By: disccrazy
Pros: Good mixture of wide open holes and wooded holes, good landscaping, easy to navigate,
Cons: Huge parking lot where disc golfers COULD park is locked up at 5 pm. A public park that locks people out of the parking lot??? Locked restrooms also serve no purpose. One kind of gets the feeling that the Recreation Center Staff considers disc golf an annoyance.
Other Thoughts: I love the course but the last 7or 8 times I have been to Jack Maddox Park there is some local kid ( I think he told me his name is Wolf or Dragon) who shows up and wants to play with myself and my son. Usually, if we want someone to join us WE ask them but this guy butts right in on us and tries to tell us how to play! I have been playing since 1994. I am no pro but this clown continually offers unsolicited advice and makes unwelcome and annoying statements. I try to be nice but he seems to have no idea that my son an I just want to play without being bothered. Others have told me that he butts in to their groups as well. From what I have heard, this has been an ongoing problem but most folks are too nice to tell him to get lost.

Family Fun

8/7/2008   8/7/2008
Review By: Bensontbjj
Pros: Great open course for beginners. If you are alergic to poison oak, ivy or sumac you will like this course since you don't have to worry about that. If you take someone who doesn't want to play but enjoys walking the track is a plus. They added a disc golf parking area just to the south of the 3rd hole outside the fence. Sign says they sell some discs at the office (I didn't check the offerings). I really liked the directional arrow to the next hole on the pole at each basket, I don't believe I have seen them on others but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.
Cons: Today track wasn't in the way but could be an issue if there were a good deal of people.
Other Thoughts: Bridge being built next to the 9th tee box is going to be cool. Don't be careless to the right of #5 or you could get wet. Astro Turf on the tee boxes.