Antioch, IL
Tim Osmond Sports Complex Share
Uploaded By: juanbond Hole #3 (Taken 6/2010)
3 / 350ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Just not fun at all

1    6/15/2014   6/15/2014
Review By: Unzbuzzled
Pros: Nice if you want to work on only throwing RHBH hyzers.
Cons: Either you are throwing at boring baskets put out in the middle of a prairie, or you are throwing at baskets shoved into thickets of trees against dense woods.

If you disc even goes remotely off the fairway, you will look for 15 minutes for your disc. It is so stupidly designed that I will never, ever be coming back. What a joke. It's like the course designer just completely phoned it in.
Other Thoughts: Don't waste your time. Fairfield and Grey Fox are each about 20 minutes from this course, and they are amazing courses by most standards, and they are downright impeccable compared to the Tim Osmond Sports Complex

D+ = Doesn't have much happenin'

1    5/13/2009   5/25/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution -- D (Very open course. The 3 wooded holes have no fair fairway.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max -- C- (Half are either too long to reach or too short to be a challenge. The others are wide open or in the woods with no route to the basket.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- D (Almost the entire course is laid out clockwise around the edge of a big open area with woods/underbrush on the side. So most holes are simple RHBH hyzer shots. Very repetitive and boring.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C- (The only redeeming value is that you are way out of sight of the other park activities on some of the holes.)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- N/A