Redan (Dekalb County), GA
Rosewood-Dekalb Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #8 (Taken 4/2011)
Hole #8 Basket to Tee: Long position

Good course, Bad location

1    6/6/2006   2/10/2009
Review By: bjreagh
Pros: I really enjoyed playing this course. I thought it was set up well. Once your start playing your forget where this course is located, it is a secluded DG feel. There were a couple of places where the next tee direction wasn't obvious, but we were able to figure it out.
Cons: It was busy when I was there with DGers coming and going, so we did not have any problems with break-ins, but seeing the area on the way in, those type of problems don't surprise me.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course, but unfortunately I would be afraid to leave my car parked there in order to play it.

Robbery Warning

1    1/5/2009   1/5/2009
Review By: jaybirk
Other Thoughts: WARNING: I was playing with a buddy today and we were held at gunpoint at hole #15. The suspect took our drivers licenses money and cellphones. Just be careful on the course especially if you are playing alone. The Dekalb County Police said that if you notice anybody just hanging around not playing disc golf, that possibly look suspicious to go ahead and notify the police.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the course, unfortunately I do not think I will be returning.

Fun to Play

5+    6/3/2000   1/3/2009
Review By: ddevine
Pros: Great signage, easy to follow, well kept by the locals (when I played there). Good variety of technical shots with emphasis on control. Very friendly locals, an excellent course for learning the game.
Cons: There were some problems with break-ins in the parking lot when I played.
Other Thoughts: My first round there was a few weeks after one of the top players in the region had decided to cut down some tree limbs without permission. The locals showed me the damage, which was disgraceful.

Nice course

1    12/20/2008   12/21/2008
Review By: StPaulie
Pros: Senic coursein the woods mostly, well thought out holes. Course is marked pretty well, we did have to look around a couple of times for the next tee. This did not cause a long delay. Nice signs marking the multiple basket locations. Most holes had two or three posssible locations. If the baskets get moved regularly this will keep the course fresh. Course was pretty well maintained and the players we encountered were very friendly.
Cons: Unfortunately this park is surrounded by some rather rough neighborhoods. You kind of wonder what you are getting into as you pass the junk yards.
Another course with the older baskets that are difficult to see, requireing some extra walking or throwing blind. This seems to be common to most of the courses I have played but I sure do like those nice yellow Innova baskets. The course was a little wet the day we played and the tee pads were surprisingly slippery. I little caution resolved this. Unfortunately there has been some vandalism on some of the tee box signs.
Other Thoughts: If your a lefty this course will be to your likeing as many of the holes are layed out left to right. Caused many long walks in the woods for me, but this will make me learn some new shots. I will come back and play again.

Not too bad

5+    8/9/2008   12/9/2008
Review By: Redneck Machismo
Pros: A good short course that can be stretched out to be more challenging. The course demands many different types of shots and is a lot of fun to play. It is also well maintained and aesthetically pleasing.
Cons: If you care anything about your car I would not park anywhere near this course. I have been broken into along with dozens of others. The course is surrounded by crime ridden neighborhoods of the lowest order. It is hard to have fun or focus on your round when young gang members are breaking into your car.
Other Thoughts: This course is pretty over rated. It doesn't provide anything that most courses don't as well. Hole 7 and 15 are memorable but this course is still a short old style course. It is well taken care of by the locals but the surrounding ghettos make it virtually unplayable for me except during large tournaments.

Fun Atlanta Course

1    12/5/2008   12/6/2008
Review By: meurek514
Pros: -cement tee boxes
-fun and interesting holes
-fairly accurate pars and moving holes.
-creative holes make a fun day
Cons: -heavily wooded so it is easy to lose a disc
-some of the signs are a little worn and need some work.
-baskets are older and lower to the ground than usual, but still makes for a challenge

The best course in metro atlanta

5+    12/4/2008   12/4/2008
Review By: rnance7
Pros: different pin placements for every hole; cement tee pads; open holes, wooded holes, and semi-wooded holes. this course gives you everything!
Cons: distance is sometimes short on open holes...
Other Thoughts: my favorite in the area until perkerson park is made permanent

1st course i played in ATL

5+    5/20/2005   11/20/2008
Review By: 3monsterboys
Pros: i was afraid i would not find a good course when i moved out here from MA. i came here and washooked on this course. everyone should play this course if they live in GA!
Cons: none that really matter
Other Thoughts: have a good time with this course!!!!

Outstanding Course

2-4    1/12/2008   10/14/2008
Review By: Protool1983
Pros: Really well maintained course. Every time I have played this course I see the guy on the golf cart driving around cleaning up. The pin positions are always different. I once played two days in a row and it felt like a different course. Good mix of holes from strong arm open holes to wooded holes that take more accuracy.
Cons: Like said in other reviews, the neighborhood is kind of bad but I haven't really experienced it first hand.
Other Thoughts: My favorites are holes 14 and 15. If 15's pin is set at the close pin it's an easy eagle. It's a par 5 so it's really hard not to par it even at the long pin.

Fun course

2-4    9/14/2008   9/17/2008
Review By: bazkitcase5
Pros: This course is fairly easy to play and navigate. There is a good mix of wooded and open holes, with a variety of shots. Multiple pin placements give the course even more variety, as well as new looks for some of the shots.
Cons: The neighborhood is a bit sketchy along with the reports of vandalism I have read about.

Restrooms and water are not readily available.
Other Thoughts: This can be a fun course to play for all skill levels. It is not intended to be a super hard, challenging course, but I would not consider it a deuce or die course. Most every hole can be birdied with minimal effort by a pro, but none seem to be gimmies (most of the holes were in their middle to long positions the only times I have played the course). SSA for the course set up I played seemed to be around a 46-47 for the traveling tournament players that might be interested.