Greenville, SC
Timmons Park Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #8 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #8 Tee: Tight uphill shot through the trees. Basket is perched on the side of a steep drop off. Creek in foreground is OB.

Felt like a 9 holer that someone stretched out to 18.

1    7/21/2012   7/21/2012
Review By: prerube
Pros: 2 loops of 9 holes. There was a crowd, so being able to start on 10, then play the front 9 later, helped us avoid several large groups.

Clear concrete tees with benches and some signage.

Holes 7 and 8 were scenic holes with character. 14 was a super short over the valley shot.

Good amount of elevation and variety of shots. Creek was used well without being gimmicky.
Cons: Minimal tee signage with odd flow and no navigational signs.

I never saw a second tee on any hole.

course was cluttered. If you over throw basket 6 you are directly on 3's fairway. many holes played close to other fairways.

Mando arrow was broken for 7, so there was no way to know the intended flight path. 8 had 2 large trees directly infront of the tee pad.

several holes ended at tee pads for holes that were not the next hole you are to play, making it easy to skip holes.
Hole 12 felt like an after thought since hole 11 ends at 13's tee, but you cross the road for 12. 14 ends at 17's tee. The whole course had a confusing flow and lack of tee signs often made it worse.

4 baskets were visable from tee one. which could create confusion, but it also shows how cluttered the course is.

13 played very close to the road creating a clear safety issue. (which did not matter because half the groups were throwing at basket 16 from tee 13)
Other Thoughts: because of the basket positions on the hills, luck comes into play as much as skill. 2 people in the same group can hit the same line, land in the same spot and one will stick the other will roll 100 feet down the hill.

I was glad I played the back 9 first because I liked ending with holes 7, 8, and 9. 2 scenic holes and a "holy sh!t that is tight" hole. It also led to a long hot birdie streak at the end of the round.
This course compliments Century park very well, but I think Century Park was superior. This course needs better signage with navigational signage to offset the goofy flow, too many holes felt like they were added as after thoughts.

Nice scenery

2-4    11/9/2011   2/12/2012
Review By: WaterLogged
Pros: Very nice course. exceptionally scenic in the fall. tons of colors and fall foliage. nice layout, most all holes are approachable for all skill levels. fun for a quick round on the weekend
Cons: Even though the leaves are very nice to look at i have fallen at least 4 time slipping up and down the hills. some of the creek banks are step and it hard to retrieve your disc if you get wet which is very likely to happen.

Short and Sweet

2-4    9/4/2011   9/5/2011
Review By: zud00
Pros: *18 hole course with discatchers
*Elevation is used throughout the course, there are only a small handful of holes that are flat. There are an equal amount of uphill and downhill holes, a few pins are placed hill sides.
*There is a good mix of wooded and open holes. Wooded holes are not overly difficult and have nicely trimmed fairways. Open holes are not completely open, with trees scattered throughout the fairway adding some challenge.
*A stream comes into play on several holes adding some challenge, however, it has been dry with very little water the few times i've been there making discs easy to retrieve.
*Several short holes provide for many ace runs.
*This is a good course for beginners as many holes are shorter.
*Navigation was not a problem except for hole 12.
*Benches and signs at nearly all teestations. A few trashcans can be found throughout the course.
*Disc golf sign near the first tee with disc golf related news and info.
*The park has nice facilities such as a playground, pavilion, ballpark, and mt. bike trail.
Cons: *The biggest con for me is that this course lacks the distance factor, there are many short holes, I used a putter or mid to tee off on probably more than half of the holes, and nothing more than a fairway driver on the rest of the holes.
*A few tee signs were missing.
*There is a lot of rough rocks in some of the fairways that could tear up your discs
*teepad for hole 10 is between 2 trees, I felt that I might hit my hand on my follow through which held me back on my drive
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a fun course. It is mostly short which gives you a chance for many deuces and ace runs. The elevation adds to the fun factor. The variety of the holes is a bonus since you'll be playing some tighter holes, and a good mix between left and right turning holes. I really did enjoy this course, but wish for some longer holes. I enjoyed hole 4 which requires a long slowly right turning tee shot in which you'll need to avoid the creek on the right. Also, 18 which is a bit longer as well with a creek on the right. And of course 17, which probably has the biggest elevation drop and requires you to hit a narrow gap to put it close to the pin.
I'll be back to play this course when I'm in the area. It is definitley worth the stop if you're in the area, as well as Century park. If you're looking to add to your course count, Holmes is very close nearby as well.

Fun, Fun, Fun!

1    9/5/2009   9/6/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- Timmons is a fun little course. It's longer than the average "short" course, but not long enough to move it up to the next level. I threw a putter off the tee-pad on 11 holes, with the rest requiring a driver. The course is mostly open… however, on every hole there are trees to negotiate, requiring you to shape shots accordingly.
- OB. Although I went into the creek 3 times, twice on Hole 9 for a triple bogey, I couldn't be happier with the OB. The layout utilizes OB possibilities on 11 holes, making an easier course a little more difficult. Note: Even if you're dry… being over the edge of the creek's ditch = OB.
- This course would be a great course to learn on, a great course for families, and a great course to work on your short game.
Cons:
- None really. But, I can nit-pick.
- I suppose the course could be considered too short. However, courses of this length and style have a place in the DG world.
- Tee-signs don't declare the mandies or the OB's… you just have to know they are there.
- Two other courses in Greenville and another only 8 miles away (Century Park) make this area a great DG destination. It's very easy to hit 4 courses in one day - makes for a fun trip. There is also a decent brewery in Greenville - I liked my beer and food.
- I would definitely travel down from Asheville again to play here and at Century Park. The designer/s of these two courses got it right… Fun to play, easy to navigate, and Fair.
- My rating is lower than the other reviewers. Not because I didn't like the course… but, because I was looking to see where in my list of courses Timmons ranked. And therefore, I had to rank it a 3.
- My Score: -4 (with several left behind)