Greenville, SC
Timmons Park Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #1 (Taken 3/2012)

Fun, Fun, Fun!

1    9/5/2009   9/6/2009
Review By: DSCJNKY
Pros:
- Timmons is a fun little course. It's longer than the average "short" course, but not long enough to move it up to the next level. I threw a putter off the tee-pad on 11 holes, with the rest requiring a driver. The course is mostly open… however, on every hole there are trees to negotiate, requiring you to shape shots accordingly.
- OB. Although I went into the creek 3 times, twice on Hole 9 for a triple bogey, I couldn't be happier with the OB. The layout utilizes OB possibilities on 11 holes, making an easier course a little more difficult. Note: Even if you're dry… being over the edge of the creek's ditch = OB.
- This course would be a great course to learn on, a great course for families, and a great course to work on your short game.
Cons:
- None really. But, I can nit-pick.
- I suppose the course could be considered too short. However, courses of this length and style have a place in the DG world.
- Tee-signs don't declare the mandies or the OB's… you just have to know they are there.
- Two other courses in Greenville and another only 8 miles away (Century Park) make this area a great DG destination. It's very easy to hit 4 courses in one day - makes for a fun trip. There is also a decent brewery in Greenville - I liked my beer and food.
- I would definitely travel down from Asheville again to play here and at Century Park. The designer/s of these two courses got it right… Fun to play, easy to navigate, and Fair.
- My rating is lower than the other reviewers. Not because I didn't like the course… but, because I was looking to see where in my list of courses Timmons ranked. And therefore, I had to rank it a 3.
- My Score: -4 (with several left behind)

gvagas

5+    1/3/2001   8/27/2009
Review By: robbiepitzer
Pros: This is one of the only courses that i have a shot of shooting under par. A well established course.
And on a good day you might just run into consessions.
Cons: the creek is a problem though out the course.
Other Thoughts: Short and tight with elevation on 10 holes and fast pin placements on hillsides. Several pins nestled close to OB creek. Be careful of mountain bikers.

Love my home course

5+    6/14/2009   6/22/2009
Review By: BennettUA
Pros: Great wooded course with a few open drives. The trees here usually don't have branches until quite high up, which makes for less "I didn't see that branch" hits. Also, the high branches really make the woods feel wide open and approachable, even in the thick of summer.
Lots of elevation challenges.
Great tees and baskets.
Easy to pick up new friends.
Creek of Reedy River runs through center of park, but pretty easy to find discs unless there's been a TON of rain.
Park security guard often on patrol, and I've never heard anything about crime at the course or parking lot.
No really LONGGGG holes, but the design for use in the park is superb.
Cons: When baseball's in season, the kids can get in the way on one/ maybe two holes, but that's it.
Other Thoughts: For a free course, this is great. Don't really have to deal with much foot traffic either, the occasional dog walker or biker, but they're cool and know what the discs/holes are.

Very fine short course

5+    11/11/2008   6/11/2009
Review By: DavidSauls
Pros: Great use of elevation, with shots up, down, and across slopes, and lots of very fast greens forcing you to pay attention to how your disc lands. A mountain-clear creek is in play on many holes, threatening OB with no risk of losing your disc.

A very technical course, but all-but-one fairways are fair.

Course is in a very lovely park, way back in a good neighborhood, with a single baseball field and a few other amenities.
Cons: A short course; better players will be itching for a chance to throw hard, but there are few.
Other Thoughts: A good course for all skill levels; short enough for beginners & casual players, a suitable challenge for advanced players trying to birdie almost every hole (birdies are always available but seldom easy).

B+ for Bery Bery Nice Tradiitonal Course

5+    10/20/2007   5/26/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == A-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == A-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

2-4    1/15/2009   4/15/2009
Review By: sdecker
Pros: Nice course overall. Makes extensive use of the natural landscaping/rocks/stream. Lots of elevation changes and up/down putts which are risk/reward for intermediate players.
Cons: Some holes will be inaccessible to those people who can't climb up and down steep hills/banks/tree roots. Not really a negative to most, just something to be aware of.
Other Thoughts: I liked it and plan to go back this weekend to play a couple rounds with a friend. Overall above average course.

Timmons

5+    4/12/2009   4/13/2009
Review By: mttskelt
Pros: The course makes you use all the discs in your bag. Some holes require a well placed putter off the tee, others a bombed midrange and others still that require you to max out your best driver.

Pin placements are very tricky in some instances and added to that are others placed on barren hillsides filled with roots and rocks to kick your disc back down said hillside.

Cons: Some holes are too tight and/or technical to suit my style of play.
Other Thoughts: This course can be a great equalizer, so if you are a very technical player who wants to take one of his longer friends down a notch this might be the place.

1    10/29/2008   11/22/2008
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: A lot of holes play by the creek. Good challenging course, even for the novice player as most holes aren't extremly long. Very helpful park patrons. Fast pins locations as most baskets placed on sloping hillside. Plenty of Parking.
Cons: A lot of holes play by the creek. No signs that lead you to the park off of the main roads/highways in the area.
Other Thoughts: Be careful of Mountain Bikers. They appear out of no where, if your not familar with the park as I was.

2-4    5/1/2008   11/14/2008
Review By: Herd1978
Pros: First time ever playing disc golf. I played the course with my cousins multiple times in two days. As a first timer, I had multiple birdies and almost got a hole in one on #14. Definitely, gave me the discgolf bug! Rating would've been higher, but I do not have any other courses to judge it against.
Cons: Par 5's could be 3's at other courses.
Other Thoughts: Great scenery! Saw a water moccasin, musk rat, and many other furry critters. Creek shots, forests, any many uphill challenges. Very enjoyable course.

Southern Charmer

5+    6/28/2011   8/25/2008
Review By: DiscChainBasket18
This review was updated on 6/29/2011
Pros: I liked this course from the first time I played it! Great layout. Good mix of long & short, tight & open. Up & down hill shots. Many mando's. Beautiful park grounds. A small OB creek comes into play on many holes. Great club support with weekly tourneys. Nice concrete tee pads. Tee signs on each hole. * Note: The tee signs list a 'recreational' par on each hole. Actual par is 54 (par 3 on each hole). They've relocated a couple of the holes recently (#12). This adds new challenges to this already interesting course. Benches have now been added to many holes.
Cons: Watch out for joggers & mountain bikers. Need a current course map that you can download. Tee pads are kinda small. Alternate pin placements would be a nice addition.
Other Thoughts: The course plays more technical than all out length. I would recommend this course to anybody. There are some tennis courts & a play area for the kids.