Festus, MO
West City Park Share

AWESOME!!!

2-4    5/28/2011   12/26/2012
Review By: smokey102977
Pros: The length of the course along with a great mix of open bombs, tight control shots, and ultra tight greens make this a course that can destroy your confidence. Water comes into play on most holes so make sure you have an ample amount of discs.
Cons: It is too far away from me. I prefer to play courses within 10-15 miles and this is 40 miles away. Floods frequently. Parking is not in the best location for the course.
Other Thoughts: Needs to have some landscaping done!

Challenging, yet messy

2-4    8/14/2011   8/14/2011
Review By: Stud Muffin
This review was updated on 7/13/2012
Pros: >18 Basket course with professional level distance.

>Multiple Cement Tees w/ Multiple Basket Positions.

>Long open baskets, tight wooded baskets, elevated and protected positions of baskets. GREAT variety.
Cons: >#3 Basket to #4 Teebox, mudhole. NOT, just a mudhole, the wonderful aroma of dead fish. In this you either get to A, crawl through the woods where no real path is, or B walk through the mud and dead fish.

>Far too long of a walk between holes, and though the map helps, sometimes you have to wander around a bit to find the holes, so it is that much more walking.

>Too extreme angle hills for older players, becomes dangerous. Hey, I am all for a challenge, but I played one round with a older player who fell more than a few times, and quit after 9 vowing to never play the course again. This didn't happen on errant shots, but at basket locations and fairways. 2 basket, 3 fairway, 7 basket, 8 fairway. I hate to say it, but if you are not able to hike, you are not able to play this course. WARNING TO ALL OLDER PLAYERS!
Other Thoughts: I am rating this a 4 in spite of the fish aroma mudhole, because we have no control over mother nature. A lot of repetitive holes makes this park's highest potential a 4.5 to me. The lack of flood planning makes it's potential a 4.0. That is what I give it, and I am not going to penalize it any more for what I hope is a temporary condition.

*Only updating to say, the course drainage has not been as much of a problem as of late. The course can be very challenging, and is very very long. My rating stays the same.

This one is loooooooooooong!

1    9/8/2009   1/11/2010
Review By: numbernine
This review was updated on 5/26/2010
Pros: - This is a well laid out, very dificult course that is not for the weak of arm. There are 3 or 4 holes around the 800 ft. range that challenge even the veteran disc golfer.
- The park that contains the course is well maintained and in a safe area.
- Great variety of shots. There are a couple of 800+ holes and a few under 150 holes that test your skill.
- loads of elevation change! a couple going up and a couple of downhill hills.
- one of the holes, pardon me for not remembering which one it is, goes through an entire grove of fir trees. not a long hole, but super technical. my disc stuck on the top of one tree, as I tried to tomahawk my way over.
- The shorter holes are in the woods and make you think about every throw that you make. This is great fun!
- The pads and baskets are in great shape too.
- water is in play on a few holes.
- alternate tee pads on almost every hole.
Cons: - If you're from out of town, this course is NOT easy to find. we kind of drove around until we ran into it.
- The weeds in some places on this course are RIDICULOUS. Some were over 9 foot tall. if you guys find my leopard, KEEP IT!
- could use some more facilities on this course as far as water goes. this is a BIG course that spreads out all over the park.
Other Thoughts: Great course and great fun! Bring some water with you!