Oak Ridge, TN
Groves Park - The Mounds Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #2 (Taken 12/2008)
3 / 276ft.   3 / 276ft.   3 / 393ft.   3 / 486ft. Par / Distance:

1    4/26/2014   5/17/2014
Review By: BTPdiscgolfer75
Pros: -Long Holes
-Good baskets
-Beautiful scenery
-True mix of all shots
-Challenging
-Downhill and uphill shots
Cons: -Poorly marked, played with a friend who had played multiple times and still got confused on where the next tee box is.
-The wooded shot is a total chance shot, since they changed the tee location.
-Toxic sludge but seriously if a disc goes in the water might as well leave it and buy a new one.
Other Thoughts: It would have been an awesome experience if it was well marked but the poor marking made it very frustrating. Takes a while to play which was fun, but you definitely need a couple hours to play the entire course.

Need Better Layout

1    6/9/2010   6/21/2010
Review By: adrake
Pros: Lot's of open holes and long distance holes for you to crank on some discs if you like to just throw hard. Great big baskets. Baskets are nice, and I like all the different options for the tee pads for different levels of play.
Cons: It's all the same to me. All the holes are long and out in the open. Only one hole in the woods and it is just completely different from the others. The course needs more variety. It took me a little over 2 hours to play with one other guy because we couldn't find the next tee. The next tee pad was never close to the basket. We walked all over the place looking for he right tee. We always ended up at the wrong one. Also, I counted off a few of the holes, and the footage was pretty far off on a few holes. Need to get the measurements right. We passed the course the first time as well because the sign was so small. Also, no tee pads.
Other Thoughts: I threw the same 2 discs all day. My 2 big drivers. I like a course to challenge me and have me use everything in my bag. I like variety, and this course had none of that.