Layout Extinct

Haslet, TX
Haslet Community Park - Old Layout Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #7
3 / 180ft.   3 / 210ft.   3 / 250ft.   3 / 621ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Tee: This hole plays over the sidewalk and avoids the OB area on the left to get to the basket.

Up shot central

1    1/12/2010   1/12/2010
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Good baskets. (I noticed a little rust on one of the baskets chains)
Tee Pads for the short positions.
GREAT course for new players (or players who want to work on there up shots)
2 longer tees marked on every hole.
All signs were in good condition and the course was easy to follow.

City has been planting trees and bushes on the course. In a few years they will even come into play.
Cons: Longest hole from the long position was about 310ft
a few holes were boggy.
Rec players may have a hard time throwing across the creek on #4
every single shot I too from all 3 tee's on all 9 holes was a hyzer.
Other Thoughts: This course would be great for new players and rec players, but for me, it was a pitch and put course.

Playing fast I wound up shooting -17 on the 27 holes. The only reason I didn't shoot better was the wind. (that and I didn't warm up and have not been playing much)

I used either a Star Roc or my CE Valk on every long hole, used a Star Roc or CE Classic Roc on the medium holes, or used the CE Classic Roc or Aviar putter on all the shorts.

Really, I only needed 3 discs.

This is one of the courses that I have now played and will never play again.

Not worth a drive

5+    4/18/2009   4/18/2009
Review By: SomeChump
Pros: Might be convenient to where you live. Good course to get your first ace. Great course to bring beginners to.
Cons: Windy. Boring. Wide open. Short. Literally. I can play 9 holes in 15 minutes here. Nearly every hole is a straight shot. The extra tees add little other than a slightly longer hole. Some don't even allow you a run-up as they were put right up to a fence. Someone mentioned them wedging another 9 holes in here. If they're like the 9 that are already there, I say don't bother. Plant more trees like they've done on #9. At least in 10 years it'll be better.

Ha ha. Read the caption on the picture to the left. "Forces you to avoid the sidewalk." That's your obstacle. The sidewalk. Not exactly intimidating is it.

The longest hole from the longest tee is 310 feet. From the paved tees most are under 200.
Other Thoughts: I've played disc golf in 4 states (maybe 10 courses) and this is the worst of the bunch. Too bad I'm so addicted I played here nearly every day for a week because it is close to where I was staying.

Don't throw a disc with a lot of fade on #2. That pond is scrotum high and very cold in the winter.