Layout Extinct

Haslet, TX
Haslet Community Park - Old Layout Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #4
3 / 195ft.   3 / 225ft.   3 / 265ft.   3 / 150ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Tee: This hole crosses a wide creek and forces you to avoid the sidewalk on the right side.

surprisingly entertaining

2-4    3/15/2010   5/9/2010
Review By: dreadlock86
This review was updated on 5/17/2010
Pros: -concrete short tees and 2 additional longer tees on each hole
-solid baskets in great condition
-great signs
-creek adds interest and danger to a few fairways
-very little traffic
-easy to find, right off the main road
-piece of cake to navigate
Cons: -very short
-almost entirely flat with very few obstacles other than the creek and the occasional tree
-the wind here is brutal, great for practice but can be frustrating
-no variety in terms of distance, elevation, or lines
Other Thoughts: I was bracing for the worst on the way to this course but it actually has a lot to offer for a small town, 9 hole course. It would be a great place to bring a beginner if it weren't for the wind.

Having 3 sets of tees is great. Better players can use the blue tees or you can make 3 loops and play each set, a nice option since it is so short to begin with.

The course makes good use of the few terrain features that are available. I saw a few young trees planted but this place could immensely benefit from planting some more trees and bushes.

Most players will want to skip this course. It's a good option for a quick round if you happen to be in the area but it is definitely not worth the drive.
For those looking to play new courses just for the sake of it, this course and the 2 in Saginaw are a close trio of mediocre 9 holers to hit at once before heading to a real course to finish off the day.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Up shot central

1    1/12/2010   1/12/2010
Review By: Pizza God
Pros: Good baskets. (I noticed a little rust on one of the baskets chains)
Tee Pads for the short positions.
GREAT course for new players (or players who want to work on there up shots)
2 longer tees marked on every hole.
All signs were in good condition and the course was easy to follow.

City has been planting trees and bushes on the course. In a few years they will even come into play.
Cons: Longest hole from the long position was about 310ft
a few holes were boggy.
Rec players may have a hard time throwing across the creek on #4
every single shot I too from all 3 tee's on all 9 holes was a hyzer.
Other Thoughts: This course would be great for new players and rec players, but for me, it was a pitch and put course.

Playing fast I wound up shooting -17 on the 27 holes. The only reason I didn't shoot better was the wind. (that and I didn't warm up and have not been playing much)

I used either a Star Roc or my CE Valk on every long hole, used a Star Roc or CE Classic Roc on the medium holes, or used the CE Classic Roc or Aviar putter on all the shorts.

Really, I only needed 3 discs.

This is one of the courses that I have now played and will never play again.

Fun and Easy Little Course

1    11/14/2009   11/14/2009
Review By: strain
Pros: -Good Parking
-Nice DISCatcher baskets
-Concrete tee pads for beginners
-Multiple tees
-Good signs with hole info
-Very easy to navigate
-A few ace runs
-Very clean and well maintained with a few trashcans and benches throughout the course
-Beginner friendly
Cons: -Can get very soggy by hole #1 and #2 basket after a good rain
-Only concrete tee pads for beginners tees
Other Thoughts: This is a short and sweet course, it was still fun to play. There is not really a challenge at this course just basic straight shots. I will play it again when I am in the area.

Not Bad For A Small Town

5+    9/5/2009   9/7/2009
Review By: mrstiggy
Pros: Brand New DiscCatchers, Concrete Tees, Multiple Pin Locations. Well Kept, litter free park. Signs at each pin location for distances. Short Tees have a hole picture. Some small challenges on 3 or 4 holes.
Cons: Short. The longest hole is about 240 from the concrete. Most holes are wide open. Little obstacles or shade. Not really worth going out of the way to play, but if you live in, or are in the area, its worth a play.
Other Thoughts: Before I actually got around to playing this course I must have drove by it at least 10 times. I even pulled in the parking lot once and decided it was not worth it. The course actually plays a lot better then it looks from the outside.
This could be a great park in a few years when the trees get bigger. I really enjoy playing this park to boost my confidence. I usually finish at least -7, and I am horrible at DG. Good place to bring your kids to learn DG. There is also two playgrounds on site, and great views of the rail system.

Haslet Park

1    6/9/2009   6/9/2009
Review By: lohrtom
Pros: When I played I was the ONLY PERSON in the entire park. It is compact and you can see every basket on the course from any hole. Short distances are a great confidence builder. Well kept park. Little chance of losing a disc. Easy to find. The course is nicely laid out and the markers are the best I have seen, not paper under plexiglass that lasts only until a hard rain but nice metal signs that give you distance, par, and directions to the next hole. Good course for beginers honing their skill. A great lunch time course as it takes maximum of 30 minutes to play nine.
Cons: It is windy mostly which can make it a bit frustrating. If you are an experience player the course offers little challenge. Nearly no obstacles. Distances are very short which can be either a pro or con.
Other Thoughts: A great place to play by yourself to get in some practice or for younger players needing shorter distances.

Haslet Course

1    5/31/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: turnerco
Pros: Being a beginner I played this couse recently. For beginners I say this is a good course. There are three holes with "minor" water hazards but most are short and open so someone can build their skills without loosing disks in the process.

I played early one Sunday morning and no one was on the course, but I do not know how crowded it might get at other times. The course is easy to follow.

Even on the courses with a water hazard the water is not deep generally and the brush is not bad. I did not see any poison ivy whcih is a good thing.

Plenty of trash cans and benches scattered around for rest and trash disposal.
Cons: Experienced players will find this course too easy. Other than that I saw no real negatives unless you dislike short 3 par holes,
Other Thoughts: If you like railroads and trains a main dual tracked BNSF railline is on the west side of the course. Another track is just east of the course. So one could combine watching trains and discs in one trip.

Not worth a drive

5+    4/18/2009   4/18/2009
Review By: SomeChump
Pros: Might be convenient to where you live. Good course to get your first ace. Great course to bring beginners to.
Cons: Windy. Boring. Wide open. Short. Literally. I can play 9 holes in 15 minutes here. Nearly every hole is a straight shot. The extra tees add little other than a slightly longer hole. Some don't even allow you a run-up as they were put right up to a fence. Someone mentioned them wedging another 9 holes in here. If they're like the 9 that are already there, I say don't bother. Plant more trees like they've done on #9. At least in 10 years it'll be better.

Ha ha. Read the caption on the picture to the left. "Forces you to avoid the sidewalk." That's your obstacle. The sidewalk. Not exactly intimidating is it.

The longest hole from the longest tee is 310 feet. From the paved tees most are under 200.
Other Thoughts: I've played disc golf in 4 states (maybe 10 courses) and this is the worst of the bunch. Too bad I'm so addicted I played here nearly every day for a week because it is close to where I was staying.

Don't throw a disc with a lot of fade on #2. That pond is scrotum high and very cold in the winter.

Rookies 1st review

7/30/2008   8/5/2008
Review By: Joshua1972
Pros: Seems like a good course to play to see if you might be interested in Disc Golf. I have played it twice now and am hooked!!! This course is gentle enough for a beginner like myself yet my friends who have been playing a while seem to enjoy it as well.
Cons: Pretty wide open, I am looking forward to trying a more mature course.

Practice Course

5+    7/18/2008   7/23/2008
Review By: cc0049
This review was updated on 7/27/2010
Pros: This is a great course to go out and practice your short game on. There are nice, quality Discatcher baskets, concrete tees, and good signage. Very easy to follow layout. The passing train makes for a cool atmosphere. There are rarely any other throwers out on the course, so you can make your own holes if you want. Very good for practicing. There are varying distances that are marked for alternate tee boxes, although they are not concrete.
Cons: All of the holes are close to 200ft and with no obstacles between the tee and the pin; makes it pretty repetitive. Holes 1 through 3 are a swampy mess sometimes, making it pretty miserable to try to play those holes.
Other Thoughts: It is close to home for me, so I'll go out just for practice, but you'll be dissapointed if you make the trip from too far away to actually play a round. Your goal here should be to shoot 9 under. All holes are easy birdies/ace runs from the concrete tees.

7/8/2008   7/8/2008
Review By: slacker
Pros: This is a great course if you want to work on mid-range and putting, also concrete tees on all short tees.
Cons: Very open w/ few obstructions to work around, grass tees on all long tees and a little out of the way.
Other Thoughts: You also have to be carefull on several holes you have to throw across the walking path that goes around the park.