Crystal Lake, IL
Prairie Ridge High School Share
Uploaded By: erickmj   (Taken 10/2012)

1 2 Next >
 Not bad all things considered

1    7/11/2009   7/12/2009
Review By: lko102
Pros: - Well maintained areas
- Clear signage at all holes marking footage and direction of basket
- Good mix of LH and RH shots keeps things interesting
- Minor elevations changes
Cons: - Course runs through a busy corner of school property with tennis courts in play
- Nasty, thick swampy rough is in play on several holes
- Quite a few blind baskets makes it tough for the first time player to know where to throw to.
Other Thoughts: I thought that this was a fun little course, and a good addition to the school grounds. The course is very well maintained, and the course flow is mostly self explanatory with one basket leading to the next tee. The best part about this course, in my opinion, is that it appears that the high school students designed the layout of the course. While it isn't going to be a tour stop anytime soon, for a self designed course, it holds its own with quite a few 9 hole courses I've played. Worth a stop if your in town, but don't come out of your way.

good nine hole

5+    7/2/2009   7/2/2009
Review By: markfrolfs
Pros: well maintained and challenging with tough shots, but not to tough to avoid the course
Cons: some high grass for those who aim is off, threatening, as well as a marsh with bout 6 inches of water at hole 9
Other Thoughts: great course for quick games or just to get experience before stepping it up

D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer

1    5/14/2009   5/25/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == D+

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

Garbage

1    7/28/2008   11/4/2008
Review By: smokescreen247
Pros: In my opinion, the are no pros
Cons: Course is hard to navigate, almost all of the holes are blind shots with no sight of the pin. The a tennis court in play, and the course is closed during school hours. Thick, disc eating brush everywhere.
Other Thoughts: This is what you get when high school kids plan a course with no thought put into the idea. Poor.

1 2 Next >