Sharon Springs, KS
Eagletail DGC Share
Uploaded By: DGtourist Hole #6 (Taken 5/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Large Numbers in Western Kansas

1    5/13/2011   5/31/2011
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The basics are all there, marked tee's and baskets with a good distance from basket to next tee. The park is much larger than one would think at first blush. The holes are wide with little to no other park use interferences at all. The holes each have good honest length and find the more interesting and natural parts of the park. The course was pretty easy to find and play looped back to the parking area. Massive old cottonwoods line most of the holes. The course has a decent mix of hole types with some slight hills and blind shots others long and open. This course has a moderately good fun factor. I had the course all to myself. Judging by the wear in the tee areas this course does get use. The baskets all have large numbers on top of them, making it easier to find the next.
Cons: I could not for the life of me find one of the tee areas. I suspect that the red markers that mark the tee areas may have just been mowed over at some point, or I just kept missing it. Considering where you are in the world when playing this course your options are pretty limited so it would be very hard to be picky. The tee boxes could be built up more, but they are at least marked. Not finding that tee box really put a damper on the vibe for me. Even as I write this I want to go back there and find that tee box.
Other Thoughts: I prefer these types of destinations when traveling. For me, getting off of the interstate is a must to maximize my enjoyment of traveling. While Sharon Springs is a small town there are still places to get gas and a drink maybe a sandwich. I'd recommend this course for all skill levels as well as to the hearty course bagger. If I were to have designed this course I would have used the tress on the north side of the park, provided it is even a possibility. This is a small town park nine, which separates itself from the others by giving most of the other park functions a wide birth and having honest length.