Course Extinct
Colorado Springs, CO
Hewlett Packard DGC Share
Uploaded By: J.Kasm Hole #7 (Taken 6/2009)

Great Course!

5+    8/20/2010   8/22/2010
Review By: ragecrage
Pros: Not too busy making it a great place to play a midday game and have the course to yourself. A great mix of fun and challenging holes will instantly get you hooked. A great gem of a mountain course just 2 minutes off the interstate.
Cons: Tee boxes could use great improvement and finding some holes can be difficult for first timers to the course. Lack of respect by some users leaves the course quite messy at times since it is only cleaned by volunteers. Please pack out your trash. Private course and the parking lot is patrolled by security, so if you dont know someone who works there it's not wise to linger. Being courtious and rspectful goes a long way with the gaurds who patrol the area.
Other Thoughts: Just a great place to throw a round

SWEET COURSE!!!!

2-4    5/21/2010   6/10/2010
Review By: Drew Heintz
Pros: This course is awesome with a really good layout. I read some other reviews on how it could be layed out better, or the tee boxes are too small or they are made of dirt. Whatever. This course is awesome just the way it is! I compare this course to Conifer/Beaver Ranch, just not as extreme. Also has the feel of Red Rocks Community College course, but has 18 instead of 9.
All the holes have different names, VERY COOL!
Cons: Just a couple of cons-
1-The fact that it is a "private course" is lame. That course is so awesome that it should be available for the public. I mean HP got their money from the public to build that course anyways. So why not let the public use it?
2-to get to the back nine, follow the street down across the bridge. The tee box is on the other side. There is no map that tells you this and me and my friend were stuck for awhile, climbing up and down looking for the 10 tee box.
Other Thoughts: Bring water on a hot day because you will need it. If you get lost wait for the group behind you or watch where the group in front of you went.

Mountain DG is grand!

1    3/11/2010   3/11/2010
Review By: DG_Wizard
This review was updated on 7/29/2010
Pros: This course is beautiful and rugged. Situated in the foothills of the Rockies makes for a nice getaway round. I was just visiting, so I was blown away by the views. There are some very challenging and unique shots offered. This course is one of the best I've ever seen for elevation changes. There are several holes on this course that are very unforgiving if you "go for it."
Cons: Dirt tees, FATIGUE (this course is a lot of climbing!), and the possibility of being kicked off due to it being a private course. This course is a little short overall.
Other Thoughts: Played while in the area with some locals. This course has virtually no traffic. It was worth it to get off the beaten path and throw a round. Truly breathtaking views if you are a visitor. I probably should have more to say, but in the end, I just thoroughly had fun during the round.

Keep it Clean!

5+    11/29/2009   12/15/2009
Review By: HpMan
Pros: Great course, challenging, but not long, so good for those who can't crush drives. Good variety of holes. Back 9 is just frustrating enough (particularly fishing your disc out of the cattails when it keeps rolling down the hill on 17)
Cons: Footing on 3 is a little tricky.
Other Thoughts: Lately there has been a lot of trash, bottles, cans and other "junk" showing up at the tee boxes. If you are going to use this course, and I realize most people using it now have nothing to do with HP, please keep it clean! Pick up your trash! There has been serious talk of ripping out the baskets to keep the vandalism and trash from piling up on the property. Seriously, let's not lose this course!

I Crashed It

1    4/25/2009   4/25/2009
Review By: Roller Coasters
Pros: What a cool course!! This is a private course that my wife and I crashed and loved every minute of it. There are so many different looks on this course from the hole 1 pin placed on a 15 foot high mound to the hole 14 pin placed on the edge of a 75 foot very steep drop off into a ravine. A lot of holes are short, but some of these tee shots are scary and other are just plain cool. I loved hole 4 tee shot as a big winding shot to the right with the hole at least 70-80 feet below the tee area. The wind really started howling on the back 9, which made some of these tricky pin placements even more treacherous.
Cons: The tees are natural dirt with an inlaid plank. Most of them are uneven with wear, but I could easily overlook it.
Other Thoughts: This was my first mountain disc golf experience and I loved it. It is a private course, but people didn't wonder why we were there or try to kick us out. Instead, they actually helped us out by telling us where the pins were. There are many blind tee shots and it is definitely to your advantage to walk ahead and locate the pins.

We were staying in Marriott, which we found out is right next door to the course. If you are staying there, use the trail that leads from the outdoor pool and you will be there in about 5-7 minutes. If I worked at Hewlett Packard, I would play this every day. Living in Southwest Florida which varies from 5 to 10 feet above sea level, it was so much fun to traverse all of the elevation changes that this course covers. I am so glad that we crashed the party and I can't wait to play it again someday.