5 Helpful / 3 Not
D+ = Doesn't have much happenin' for a 9 holer
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
(No punishment anywhere that would add an extra stroke to ones score for a bad shot. Some terrain and trees might just get you a bad roll-away.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == C-
(Most of the short holes are too short to be rewarding and the 2 long holes are too long to be rewarding.)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == C
(Given what the designer had to work with, there is a decent variety of shot shapes. My favorite hole is 196' #5 which throws ~160' over a flat lawn and then things drop off. The basket is on the downslope with the hill still continuing behind it. I love how that messes with your depth perception! I threw 3 ace-run discs at it and they we all short.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
(While the park is maintained pretty well and in decent shape, it is located in a low end neighborhood. Since it is so open, there is no seclusion from that.)
5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
(There are 2 longer holes where I can not get in putting range. These are not par 4's for me, but would be decent par 4's for folks who throw around 225-250')
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (149 18-hole, 91 9-hole as of late 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
5 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.