Newark, DE
Iron Hill Share
Uploaded By: De Hermit Hole #1 (Taken 8/2012)
3 / 280ft.   4 / 400ft.   3 / 485ft.   4 / 605ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Silver and Gold Baskets

Iron Hell

1    10/3/2008   10/4/2008
Review By: adlacro
This review was updated on 11/11/2008
Pros: 18 holes, concrete tee pads in pristine shape, easy to see baskets. A few people were working on the holes at time of playing. 2 practice baskets available. Doggy park, playground, and water fountains.
Cons: Thorn city, mosquito capital of the world. Please be prepared! Several of the holes were quite long. This seems to be a course that will favor long drivers who are rather nifty and technical... not a beginner's course. I also got lost on way out... walked 1 1/2 hours to get back to the car.
Other Thoughts: It seems like the effort was there but the course was a little long for me. Signs were still not up yet and tee signs were nowhere to be found at several key points, had to search out some holes and tees, work in progress. I am rather lousy at the game, so take this review as if I had just started, because that's how I felt. 17 has to be the longest hole I've ever played... I guess maybe 900-1100 feet? Wow. The course shows great promise, but it's just a little too long for my liking. Maybe if I could drive 400 feet with accuracy....