Berkeley, CA
Aquatic Park Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #15 (Taken 9/2011)

Not worth it

1    7/24/2009   7/25/2009
Review By: BigA31640
Pros: The only pro I can think of is the 3 disc golfers I ran into were friendly and helpful in locating a few of the tee pads
Cons: Where do I start. There is absolutely no signage at this course. Some of the tee pads are broken apart and some have large weeds encroaching on them. The park is so narrow, 100-200 feet at its widest, that baskets are put on top of each other and fairways cross each other. Couldn't find tee pads for 16 and 17. The course does not appear to be maintained by anyone.

This is a multi use park. Plenty of walkers and bikers using the path required extra wait time. People sit down within feet of the baskets requiring you to skip the hole or coax them to move.
Other Thoughts: I played in the afternoon and the breeze was a steady 10-20mph.

Friends that I'm staying with in Oakland did confirm that this is a notorious gay hook up park. That was confirmed by the sketchy characters that we saw leaving the park, ducking into the shule, and lurking in the parking lot.

If you absolutely have to play some disc golf I would recomend visiting one of the other parks in the area. I won't play this course again.